Chapter 70

Chapter 70 is dedicated to all my silent readers. You might not vote or comment, but the fact that you're giving my book a chance means a lot to me!

Thank you for your support ❤
--------------------------------------------------------

“Aw, look at them!”

“Shh, you’ll wake them up.”

“I want to play with Elizabeth.”

“Shut up, Jun. You weren’t even supposed to be at the party.”

A whack and an ouch followed that.

“Let’s leave them alone, okay?”

I opened my eyes drowsily and made out five hazy figures in front of me. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep before my mind registered what I just saw. I sat up quickly. Ashton groaned and blinked his eyes open.
In front of me stood Callie, Melissa, Kristof and Kevin, who had a grinning Jun in a chokehold.

Ashton glared at them. “Why did you wake us up?” he growled.

“I told you guys to get out,” Kevin said, face-palming himself with his free hand.

Melissa and Callie flashed me some secretive smiles.

Ashton looked like he was about to kill them, but I held him back while they made their escape.

He looked over at me and smiled. “Good morning, princess.”

“Good morning, your highness,” I laughed.

He leaned over and placed a light kiss on my lips.

“Was this what you wanted all along?” he teased. “To come over and sleep with me?”

My jaw hung loose and I smacked his arm. “W-We did not s-sleep together,” I stuttered, becoming a bright shade of red.

“Then what do you call this?” he asked, motioning to the couch.

“We… we… fell asleep beside each other,” I pointed out in a rush.

“Hmm… maybe we should change that,” he smirked, moving closer to me.

“Ashton, don’t you dare,” I warned, shielding myself with a cushion.

He tilted my chin and planted another kiss on my lips. I pushed the pillow in his face and jumped off the sofa. Ashton was laughing his head off at my reaction.

I paced back and forth in trepidation.

“Stop, you’re making me dizzy,” he said, placing his hands on my shoulders and holding me in place. “Why are you wearing a hole in the floor?”

“How am I going to face them?” I fretted. “Can I just stay in here and never come out again?”

“Nope,” Ashton said as he steered me out of the room. I tried to dig my heels in the floor to stop, but he just threatened to lift me up like he did at the beach.

“Your choice,” he grinned as I pouted in defeat.

I stubbornly made my way downstairs with him and as we reached the last staircase I could hear the sound of chatter. When Melissa and Callie saw me, their eyes lit up like stadium bulbs.

“Here come the love birds,” Callie cooed.

“Ooohhh,” Melissa and Kevin chimed in.

“Oooohhhh,” Jun laughed from the couch where he was watching TV.

“Stop that,” I scolded them as I felt my face heat up.

Beside Jun, Kristof tapped away excitedly on his phone.