Chapter 74

Chapter 74 is dedicated to nickaylatoday

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

“Why did you hold me back?” Callie demanded angrily as she wrung water out of her hair.

“Think about what would have happened if you fought back,” Melissa stated as she examined her wet top. “That would put us in the wrong too. We shouldn’t go down with them.”

Callie huffed as she inspected her phone that was in her pocket.

“Mel has a point, Cals,” I sighed as I tried to squeeze the water out of my shirt.

“Are you girls okay in there?” Kevin asked from outside the bathroom where he was waiting for us while cooling down with Ashton.

“We’re super,” Melissa called back drily.

“We could find an empty classroom,” I suggested. “The AC would dry our clothes faster.”

They nodded and we were about to leave the bathroom when we heard a commotion outside.

“We’re not trying to go into the bathroom,” Kevin explained in slight irritation.

“We’re waiting for them,” Ashton declared coolly.

“Well, go wait somewhere else,” the voice insisted, dripping with authority. “You can’t just stand in front of the girls’ bathroom.”

We pushed the doors open to see the vice principal giving Ashton and Kevin some dubious looks. She glanced at us and frowned at our wet clothes.

“I need to see the three of you in my office now,” she said and strode off in the direction of her office.

We sighed and followed behind her.

“You gentlemen can wait out here,” she said pointedly to Kevin and Ashton who were trailing behind us.

They looked dissatisfied, but sat down in the chairs outside of the office. They would be able to hear everything out there anyways.

We entered the refined office where Nicole, Alexis and Ramona were already sitting. Nicole’s legs were crossed and her teeth were gritted. Ramona looked unbothered and Alexis looked like she felt sorry for herself.

“Okay, since you’re all here, why don’t we talk about what happened a few minutes ago?” Mrs. Kreig asked, sitting down at her desk and leaning her chin onto her clasped hands.

Everyone remained quiet for a moment.

“Don’t be shy,” Mrs Kreig said unhurriedly. “I would have thought you ladies would have had a lot to say.”

She looked over at our group which sat on another sofa from Nicole and her friends.

“I have the president of the student council, the president of the theatre arts club and the president of the science club. Very exceptional students. I didn’t expect to see you in my office like this.”

She turned to Nicole’s group. “And let’s not forget about our head cheerleader and the co-captains,” she drawled. “Now we can be in here all day. No-one is leaving until this matter has been addressed.”

Melissa cleared her throat and flashed Mrs. Kreig an award winning smile. “I’ll explain what happened.”
----------------------------------------------------------
Mrs. Kreig nodded as Melissa concluded her explanation.

“I see. So that’s what happened.”

“We didn’t retaliate either,” she said smoothly, smiling at Callie who grinned.