Chapter 14

Chapter 14 is dedicated to everyone reading this right now!

Thank you so much for 1K reads! It's almost been a week since I started posting this book, so it means so much to me❤

Your reads, follows, votes and comments always make my day. Love you all😘

PS: I'll be using this book cover since it got the most votes yesterday. Thanks to all who voted!

-----------------------------------------------------

KING CADEN DELORENTES (King of the Kingdom of Crysauralia)
Age: 48

QUEEN ARABELLA DELORENTES (Queen of the Kingdom of Crysauralia)
Age: 42

PRINCESS BROOKE DELORENTES (Princess of the Kingdom of Crysauralia)
Age: 5

-----------------------------------------------------

ASHTON'S POV

“What is wrong, Ash?”

I poked at my breakfast. I could feel my scowl deepening with every passing second.

“Ash.”

“What?”

“You have been glaring at that pancake for almost ten minutes. Is something wrong?”

I glanced up at my mom. Her brows were knotted in worry. I wasn’t feeling very hungry, but the concern in her eyes alerted me that she was about to start asking questions. And I wasn’t feeling generous enough to give any answers.

The last thing I wanted to do was talk about her.

So I just focused my anger into shovelling the pancakes into my mouth.

“Did something happen at the party last night?”

I didn’t have to answer because he spoke up for me. His expression was disgusted.

“Nothing more happens at those parties than him being a complete disappointment. Drinking and smoking and sleeping around. That’s all he does.”

“He said it, not me,” I said lightly.

“Ash…”

My mom was concerned and she sounded a little disappointed. I didn’t even think they could still be disappointed after everything I’d done. At this point, my actions were a given.

“When are you going to accept your role?”

I froze at his question. I slowly chewed the huge chunk of pancake that I had stuffed into my mouth.

“Good morning,” Brooke chirped as she came downstairs and slid into the chair beside me.

Her light tone didn’t fit in with the suffocating tension at the table, but being five years old, she didn’t realize that.

“Good morning, love,” my mom smiled.

She glanced at the door, hoping that maybe CaVaughn would come.

“Ashie eats like a pig,” Brooke grinned, puffing out her cheeks to imitate me.

I did not look like that. Did I?

“I asked you a question,” the king pressed, still glaring at me.

“I don’t want a fiancée. Besides, I have a girlfriend.”

“That’s not the same,” he growled.

“She’s hot though,” I grinned and I knew I was starting to irritate him.