Chapter 37

Chapter 37 is dedicated to Suleiman2003155

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

I enjoyed the drive with Kevin much more than I would have with Ashton. We sang along to the songs in his car and chatted about all sorts of things. He even slowed down a little. For him that was a very big deal.

"The house that Ashton brought me to on Monday, is that where he lives when he's not at the palace?"

"Yup," Kevin said, making a turn. "This is Ashton's first time going back to the palace in a long time. I guess he's moving back into the palace now."

"Isn't that too risky?"

"Not really. You'll see why."

"Then where we went to his party was not his house?"

"That was one of his other houses. It's where we go to throw parties and chill sometimes."

"One of his other houses," I whispered.

How rich was this guy? Then again, he was the prince. What seemed like a lot to me probably meant nothing to him.

"I should take you guys to my beach house one day," Kevin continued. "It has a really great view."

"Wait, what? You wait until now to mention that you have a beach house?" I asked in shock.

Kevin shrugged. "It just never came up. Technically, it's my family's but they're always busy so no-one goes there."

After going through layers of security, we finally entered the Royal Realm and I stared at the huge, exquisite mansions and high-rise buildings in awe.

I was left completely speechless. Everything was so much different than in the Common or Noble Realm! Every single thing was so spotless and flawless, perfectly in place. It made me feel like I had no business even being there.

Even the air felt different, much purer. It was as if we'd driven into a totally new world.

After driving for a few more minutes, the large palace grounds came into view, but instead of entering through the main gate, Kevin drove through a wooded, winding path instead. After more than ten minutes of that, I was convinced we were lost.

"Maybe you should call Ashton," I suggested.

"I know where we are."

I peered through the forest of trees and then shot him a doubtful look. I'd seen Jumanji too many times to feel comfortable in a place like this.

"Maybe try calling him just in case."

"Trust me, Liz. I live here," he laughed. "No-one knows about this path. This route is only accessible by us. You might not see them, but there are guards stationed all around here."

I stared out the window, eager to spot one of them, but all I saw were lines and lines of towering trees.

We pulled up at a parking lot after a few more minutes. Ashton's car was already there and he was leaning on it while waiting for us.

I stared at the place. It was huge! I couldn't even tell which side of the palace we were at.

"You'll see something cool inside," Kevin chuckled.

We got out of the car and walked towards Ashton.

"When are we going to meet your aunts and uncles?" I asked Ashton, who looked at me as if I'd grown another head.