Chapter 23

Chapter 23 is dedicated to Ariella_c23

Thank you for your support ❤
--------------------------------------------------------

"Hey... Elizabeth, right?"

"Yeah?"

"How did it feel when Ashton pulled you out of the water?"

I frowned at the girl beside me. Her expression was expectant as she waited for my answer.

"I don't really remember. I kinda passed out."

"Oh," she looked disappointed. "Why did he though? I mean so many other people could have helped you. Aren't you friends with Kevin?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"Speaking of Kevin, can I get his number?"

I sighed after she walked off. People were still talking about Ashton's heroic deed from the party. I mean he did save me and I was grateful for that, but I was being bombarded with questions like this every day. And it was already almost a week and a half ago.

Kevin had reappeared at school, but he seemed to have acquired an evasive skill. Whenever I tried to talk to him, he disappeared. That was frustrating me.

I stepped into the cafeteria and immediately felt comforted by the sight of my other two best friends. Ashton had made it abundantly clear that he hated me and Nicole and her friends were just as bad as ever. He had gotten into trouble for fighting because Xander had reported him and apparently that was my fault too.

"The next person who asks me if you and Ashton have a thing going on, is going to see my ugly side," Callie grumbled.

"I've been getting those a lot too," Melissa informed, taking a bite of her lunch.

"I don't know why they think anything's going on," I mumbled. "He obviously hates me."

"He doesn't hate you," Callie smiled, trying to cheer me up. I stared at her.

"Okay, so maybe he does. It's not the end of the world."

"It isn't, but it's annoying." I sighed.

"Hey," Alexis said, sliding into the seat beside me. Before I could react, Ramona slid into the other side, trapping me in the middle.

"If you're here to make trouble, leave," Melissa warned.

"Don't be so hostile, Melissa," Ramona smirked. "We just heard some rumors and we want to see if they're true."

"I don't have time for this," I glared at them.

"Well make time." She plastered on a smile. "I heard that you jumped into the pool on purpose."

"Why would I do that?" I scoffed.

"So Ashton would save you."

"That doesn't make sense," I said, rolling my eyes. "If your brain cells were functioning, you'd realized that."

"B*tch," she growled, grabbing my hair.

Melissa and Callie sprang to my side, but I shook my head. I'd deal with this. However, I didn't get a chance to.

"Both of you, stop!"

We looked over to the source of the command. Ashton? He glared at me, his lips pressed in a thin line.

"I'm tired of these damn rumors too."

The whole cafeteria became so quiet you could hear a pin drop.