Chapter 123

Chapter 123 is dedicated to christinaedison

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

Ashton insisted on driving me to Creamy Dreams even though I had my own car. I rolled my eyes as I got into his car.

"I really could have driven myself," I pouted.

"I've seen you drive, Elizabeth. You wouldn't get there until tomorrow."

"Hey, I don't drive that slow." I protested.

Ashton slowed the speed of his car and everyone behind us started honking. "That sound familiar?" he smirked.

I hit him with my bag. Okay, so the cars behind me honked a lot. They were probably going too fast anyways. I needed to be the responsible driver for their sakes.

"Plus, if you drove yourself I wouldn't get any time alone with you." He frowned. "Group dates are still a thing?"

"Mel always wanted us to go on a triple date together since she met Trey. It would be a quadruple date, but Kevin insists on staying single," I chuckled. "You should help him solve his Nicole problem."

"I'll let her torment him a little longer," he grinned. "After all, he did go on a date with you. To my own party. I still can't believe it."

"It was a friendly date," I groaned. "How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"Until you go to a party with me," he decided.

"When's the next one? It's been almost three months since you had a party. Aren't you having withdrawal symptoms yet?"

He smiled. "I'll throw one soon... maybe next week. But you make me feel a lot better than any party could," he commented, glancing over at me.

I smiled back at him. "You're almost as good as books."

He scoffed and tousled my hair.

"This is the place?" He frowned as the colorful dessert parlor came into view.

"Yeah!" I nodded excitedly. "Let's go."
----------------------------------------------------------

"It smells like a sweet factory in here," he said, crinkling his nose.

"That's what makes it so cool," I grinned.

Callie and Daniel waved at us. Melissa and Trey were laughing about something together. They smiled and greeted us as we came closer.

"Finally." Melissa beamed. "It took us a few years, but we made it."

Callie and I grinned. Daniel, who was sitting beside her, gazed at her in adoration. This was where they had met so it held even more meaning to them being here tonight.

Daniel inhaled deeply. "This place hasn't changed at all."

"That's the beauty of it," Callie sighed happily.

Ashton skimmed through the menu with skepticism. "These are all sweets?"

"Yep," I said, popping the p. "Look! They have some new gummy bear flavors!"

I looked up to see Trey biting back a laugh.

"Okay, I admit it," I groaned. "I love them."

"What do you love?" Ashton asked as his eyes scanned the menu. Of course he heard that part.

"Gummy bears."

"More than me?"

"Is that even a question?" I teased. "You can't compare."