Chapter 52

Chapter 52 is dedicated to baddestbitchangie

Thank you for your support
-----------------------------------------------------------

I had already informed my parents that I would be going out with one of my classmates and had gone through the whole interrogation process. Now the question was what to wear?

I threw open my closet and rummaged through it with a frown. I didn't have to time to get something new to wear with such short notice and I didn't want to buy something new just for Ashton either.

I didn't have that many dresses since I barely went out. I pulled out two cocktail dresses. The first was a royal blue cap sleeved beaded dress that came a little above my knee. The second one was a mid thigh, sleeveless, red beaded dress.

I tried on each one like a million times in front of the mirror while walking, twirling and sitting. In the end, I had to do eenie, meenie, miney, mo, to choose a dress and ended up going with the red one.

I paired it with short silver heels to match the beading and decided to curl my hair. That took up almost the entire evening and I was worried it wouldn't be done on time. I applied some light make up and squeezed my phone into my purse.

At 6:30 on the dot, the doorbell rang. I walked downstairs and my heart suddenly decided that it wanted to go a million miles per hour. My parents oohed and ahed when they saw me and showered me with compliments.

Ashton was standing beside my dad and his jaw dropped when I came downstairs. My dad shot him a death glare and he recovered his senses.

"Have fun!" my mom called as we left.

My dad was still shooting daggers at Ashton.

"You look beautiful," Ashton said as he opened the car door. A pink tinge streaked across my face.

"Like woah! You're actually hot," he said after he got in the driver's seat.

"Shut up and drive, Ashton," I said as coolly as I could.

Inside I was ecstatic. I guess this dress was worth it. I smiled to myself, but hurriedly tried to regain my composure. This was not a date, and this dress was wasted on Ashton. I nodded, agreeing with my thoughts.

"Thinking about me?" Ashton asked, throwing a smirk my way.

"Now tell me why I'd put myself through such torture?"

"You could be the masochistic type," he shrugged and I couldn't resist the urge to hit him with my bag.

"You're actually driving like a regular person today," I observed.

"It wouldn't be great if my date got sick before the actual date," he scoffed.

"Hey, this isn't a real date, you know," I blushed.

"It is now."

"You have a girlf-"

"A girlfriend?" he finished my sentence. "No, I don't."

I glared at him. "Yes, you do. We talked about her this morning. Does the name Nicole ring a bell?"

Ashton scoffed and glared at me. "We broke up."

"Lying's not cute, Ashton," I said drily.

"I lost again," he said through gritted teeth.
I looked over at him and a muscle clenched in his jaw. "I lost to him."

"You mean you and Nicole really broke up?" I asked in amazement.

I mean, their relationship probably wouldn't have lasted forever, but I didn't expect it to die within a few weeks.