Chapter 58

Chapter 58 is dedicated to everyone reading this right now!

Thank you so much for 6K reads!

Your reads, follows, votes and comments always make my day. Love you all😘
-----------------------------------------------------------

I stared at him in shock, realizing that he probably just heard all of that.

“You’re really dating him?”

“Did you hear all of that?” I whispered.

He made a sound of disbelief. “So I guess it is true.”

“Noah… It’s not what you think.”

He leaned against the wall and stared at me. “He’s a good guy? Maybe you can be friends? You’re clearly more than that already.”

“Just let me explain,” I sighed.

He folded his arms as he waited for my explanation. I licked my lips, trying to figure out what to say to him. He didn’t exactly like Ashton, so I could see why he would be surprised by that. But I didn’t want him to think I’d been lying to him this entire time. He was my best friend. There was no way I would do that to him. And to top it all off, he sounded really hurt.

“It’s complicated between Ashton and me. We’re not ‘dating dating’.”

He raised any eyebrow. “’Dating dating’? What’s that supposed to mean?”

I sighed and took his hand, pulling him outside. “Noah, we aren’t actually dati-”

The words died in my throat as an all too familiar black Ferrari came into view. I stifled a groan. What was he doing here now? He came out of the car and the hint of a smile that he wore vanished when he saw Noah.

“What is it?” Noah asked, looking behind him.

Just perfect. I didn’t even get a chance to explain everything to him yet. I closed my eyes with a sigh as Ashton came over to us. His eyes glazed over Noah, before he turned to me.

“I’m driving you home.”

“Kevin was going to do that.”

“But I’m here now,” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. “Go away, Ashton.”

“Ashton?”

We looked over at Noah, whose mouth hung open in surprise. I almost forgot that he’d never met Ashton before. Wait! Maybe this wasn’t such a bad thing after all. Ashton could just help me explain to Noah that we weren’t actually dating. Yeah, that could work.

“I don’t think we’ve met,” Ashton said coolly.

“This is Noah. He’s my childhood friend.”

Ashton nodded and extended his hand, which Noah shook slowly. Ashton wasn’t being a complete jerk. This could end with him and Noah being friends. I smiled happily.

“I’m Ashton. I’m also Elizabeth’s childhood friend.”

My smile froze as I turned to look at him. What was he doing?

“I thought you two met at school,” Noah said, visibly confused. “You know, high school.”

Ashton draped an arm around my shoulder. “Yeah, well.”

Noah narrowed his eyes at the action and I internally face palmed myself.

“What Ashton means,” I said, shrugging his hand off me, “Is that we actually met when we were younger. But I don’t remember it.”