Chapter 75

Chapter 75 is dedicated to falmatali

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

I managed to make it to my class, but by that time twenty minutes had passed. I hurriedly pushed Kevin in the direction of his class before I entered mine. Everyone turned to stare at me in surprise, including the teacher.

I felt like a fugitive as I walked to the teacher and explained my tardiness. He accepted my excuse as if stuck in a daze. Was me being late that surprising to them? Well, I guess so.

I just sat in the nearest empty seat. There were just eight of us in this class, because for some strange reason no-one wanted to do Pure Math. Crazy right?

At least I didn't miss much. The teacher was just going over the homework questions. I pulled out my homework and tried to stay focused on what he was doing, but the students behind me felt like discussing the episode in the cafeteria.

"So Ashton broke up with Nicole for her?"

"Yeah, apparently. I've been seeing them a lot in the parking lot and Ashton's best friend is her best friend too."

"Maybe they were dating secretly before and just decided to come clean about it."

"That's scandalous. But her? I didn't think she was his type."

"She's cute."

"I mean yeah... but Nicole's pretty hot."

I turned around and forced a smile so they would know just how loud they were. They hurriedly got back to their work.

I sighed and turned back to my own work when I noticed another group side eyeing me and whispering. Just great. Did they really have to talk about this when I was just a few feet away from them? Although I couldn't really blame them, this was pretty much a shocker.

When the bell rang, signalling the end of the class, I heaved a sigh of relief. Just one more class and then I had a free period. After that, Ashton and I would to go to Kristof's house in the Royal Realm to meet his soulmate who was supposed to be visiting today.

I frowned at this. Was I making plans with Ashton too casually? I wondered if I was becoming too involved in his life and the kingdom. I was there almost every day. I didn't want him to get his hopes up because I still hadn't made a decision yet.

But the palace felt like it was a part of me. I genuinely liked going there and seeing everyone. I thought about this as I walked to my next class. Like, what if I ended up becoming too attached to them? I sighed and shook my head.

"Thinking about me?"

I spun around to see Ashton with a slight smirk etched on his lips.

"Uhh... I'm... I was just-" I stuttered as he leaned in closer to me.

Yes, I was actually thinking about him, but I wasn't going to admit that.

"You're weird," I mumbled, pushing him back.

"Your face is red... maybe you were thinking about me."

"Was your ego always this big and obnoxious?" I remarked.

He smirked and I huffed and hurriedly walked off without him. Our little conversation had attracted the attention of everyone in the hallway, and although they couldn't hear us, they were more than happy to imagine what we could be talking about.

I was getting all kinds of stares that held confusion, disbelief and disappointment. I was sure most of the girls were upset that Ashton was hanging around with me. But technically, we weren't dating, so he was still fair game.