Chapter 120

Chapter 120 is dedicated to all my silent readers. You might not vote or comment, but the fact that you're giving my book a chance means a lot to me!

Thank you for your support ❤
--------------------------------------------------------

Callie's POV

"I need volume!" I shouted to the kids who were performing the third number in the back. "I'm sitting right in front of you and I can't hear a thing."

They nodded wearily and sang louder. I smiled at them and looked over at the lead who was stuttering over her lines while her understudy grinned nearby. It had already been four hours. Maybe we should call it a day.

I waited patiently until they were finished, gave them some constructive advice and then wrapped up the rehearsal. They seemed relieved to finally be able to leave.

In a way, I was too. I still hadn't told Demetri the big news about the movie because I wanted to do it face to face and I hadn't gotten a chance to see him. My friends and Daniel had been extremely happy about it and I was sure he would be too.

Hey can we meet up tonight?, I texted him as I walked to my car.

Come over, he texted back in a few minutes.

I drove over to his place deep in thought. He was still mad at me for talking to Daniel, but he would just have to deal with it. Besides Daniel and I were just... were we even friends? I shook my head. I didn't know what we were, but we were something.

We hadn't discussed the kiss either. Daniel had tried bringing it up, but I ignored it every time. That was just too complicated for me right now and I was sorry to him. I felt sorry for Demetri too, but as it stood, there was no way I could tell him about that now. I would have to give him some time.

I apologized to him in my mind, so it wasn't my fault he couldn't hear it.

I finally got to Demetri's apartment and took the elevator up. I didn't feel any desire to reapply gloss or fix my hair. Usually, I wanted to spruce up my appearance before seeing him, but for some reason I didn't want to tonight.

I got out of the elevator and rang the door bell. Demetri appeared a few seconds later and opened the door with a small smile. I smiled back. He still managed to look effortlessly gorgeous even in plain clothes. He was wearing a white t-shirt and black sweats with black slides. His fingers absent-mindedly twisted the silver ring he always wore. He stepped to the side so that I could pass by him.

I sat down on the sofa with an excited grin. "I have some good news to tell you."

"Yeah, you said you wanted to talk about that," he said, sitting beside me. "What is it?"

"Guess." I played around.

"Hmm." He leaned forward to kiss me. "I don't know."

"I was really excited to do this a few months ago," I hinted.

"Apply to university?"

"Well, yes, but it's not that. It is something I got accepted for though."

He stared at me blankly and then moved closer to kiss me again.

"Something I auditioned for," I stated.

"That school play you're working on?"

I stared at him incredulously. That was wrong on so many levels. I was the president so there was no need for me to audition.

"Hint: Mila," I said, practically spelling it out for him.

"Never heard of her." He shrugged, trying to kiss me again, but I gently eased myself back to put some space between us.