Chapter 85

Chapter 85 is dedicated to itsalai

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

Song: Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur

----------------------------------------------------------

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Noah turned to me slowly. His brows were still creased like they'd been for the past ten minutes. I felt like if I left him up to it, his stare would burn a hole through the desk soon.

"Just thinking about the future."

"What about it?" I asked. "Are you still trying to decide your major?"

"Well, yeah, but thanks to you I'm more certain of what I want to do now."

I grinned and patted his shoulder. "Glad I could help."

He smiled at that and reached for my hand. He was holding my hand a lot more these days, but I figured there was no harm in letting him.

I didn't want to hurt his feelings even more or push him further away. Besides, I didn't have a boyfriend and he was my best friend.

"Mr. Warren," our lecturer smiled as she swept into the room. She was buried up to her neck in a stack of papers that she haphazardly put down as she came over to us. "I've received the email," she smiled. "Congratulations!"

Noah cocked his head. His eyes clouded over with confusion before realization dawned in them.

"Oh... um, thanks."

She nodded and walked off to arrange the papers.

"What was that about?"

"Oh." The tip of his ears turned pink and he busied himself with his camera, suddenly interested in adjusting the lens. "Just some stuff."

"Uh huh," I laughed.

"Anyways," he continued hurriedly, "I was hoping that we could-"

"There's our scholar!"

We looked up as the lab technician came over to us and clapped eagerly. "I heard the good news, Noah. Congratulations!"

She turned to me with a wry smile. "I always see him with a camera, but I thought it was just a hobby. I didn't know he wanted to be a photo-"

"Okayyy," Noah laughed nervously, cutting her off.

"Aw, look at you being modest," she gushed. "Getting accepted on a scholarship is something to be proud of!"

"A scholarship?"

Noah avoided my eyes with a sigh as the lab tech left to go do something else.

"You got a scholarship?" I pressed.

"Kind of."

"Noe, congrats! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I'm not going to accept it."

"What do you mean?" I frowned. He didn't look excited about it in the least.

"Which school?"

"GreenMont University."

"G-GreenMont?" I stuttered, grabbing his arm. "Get out of here! That's one of the best schools in the world! Why on Earth would you even think about rejecting that offer? You want to do photography, don't you?"

He scratched his head and then finally turned to face me with a frown. "Do you really think me going to GreenMont is a good idea?"

I stared at him. What kind of question was that?