CHAPTER 2

It was a night of the full moons.

The moons were brighter that night than it had ever been before since the establishment of the empire.

In Asherd, the capital city of the Ashford county situated in the western part of Orion, Count Lorenz Ashford was anxiously pacing back and forth in front of his room. His wife had just gone into labor.

The couple had been anticipating the birth of their second child ever since Countess Rosaline Ashford's pregnancy was discovered.

Lorenz would have barged into the room to be by her side, if not for the fear of his mother, the former Countess Maria Ashford who was inside with his wife.

His three year old son Clive was in a state just as bad as he was.

Little Clive was mimicking his father's actions.

Looking like a miniature version of his father, with striking platinum blonde hair and brilliant emerald green eyes. He was trying to keep up with his father's pace but failed because of the obvious difference in strides.

While Clive was stumbling around like a baby duck, Lorenz moved as if he was possessed by the spirit of a cheetah.

Bringing his hands together, Lorenz earnestly prayed to the goddess for the welfare of his wife and child.

Clive followed his father's actions and started praying while looking at the moons in the sky.

'Dwear goddezz. Pleawse keep mommy and the baby safe. I promisz tow be a good browther to the baby. Alwayz' Clive prayed earnestly, his chubby cheeks turning into a shade of red as he tried to focus.

A few moments later, the room suddenly turned quiet.

Lorenz's heart almost lept out through his mouth when he heard the cry of a child.

Unable to restrain himself, Lorenz charged into the room with his son in tow.

"Rosaline are you alright?" He asked, worried about his wife.

"What do you mean 'alright'?" replied his mother Countess Maria Ashford in an obviously displeased voice.

"Didn't I tell you to wait outside"

"I'm sorry mother" Lorenz flinched under the gaze of the sharp green eyes.

"I couldn't hold myself any longer" He whined trying to reason with her.

"You are just like your father" Maria sighed, fed up by his antics. The frown on her eyes deepened.

Maria has a valid reason for kicking her only son out of the room his wife was giving birth in.

When Rosaline was having periodic contractions right before Clive was born, it was Lorenz's scream that was heard throughout the residence rather than the one actually giving birth.

In addition to that, Lorenz passed out from stress after having confirmed the welfare of his wife and child.

"Well considering you made a much less fuss compared to when Clive was born I'll let this slide. Go and see your wife and child"

Maria thought of her late husband Reginald. By the time the baby Lorenz was in her arms Reginald was a crying mess.

"Lorenz, come and look at our daughter. She is just as you wished dear" Rosaline said with a smile on her face.

"Our angel" Rosaline was covered in sweat and her voice was feeble compared to her usual self. She was feeling tired. But when she saw her daughter's face it vanished as if she was just a fleeting feeling.

In her hands, was a bundle of clothes and inside it was a plump-looking baby with lustrous platinum blonde hair and bright emerald green eyes.

The baby was staring at her mother intensely. Her mouth was opening and closing like a little fish. Although she weighed more than the average weight of a newborn, she was a healthy baby.

The reason for her gain of weight was most likely due to her father's constant pestering of her mother to eat.

Lorenz was overcome with joy at the sight that tears started falling from his face. He walked in unsteady steps and made his way to his wife. He anxiously touched his daughter's hand, being careful as to not startle her.

The baby wailed her arms around before catching hold of her father's finger with her hand.

It was just as his wife had said. His wish had come true.

Lorenz wanted a daughter that he could love and cherish. His prayers were answered.

Their daughter was an angel.

"Gooo..." The baby squinted her eyes. Her eyelashes were fluttering like butterfly wings as she was struggling to fall asleep.

"She looks just like you mother" said Rosaline, looking at the baby in her arms.

"That's right mother. She looks just like you" Lorenz backed Rosaline's words.

"Hmm" The corners of Maria's lips arched into a warm smile.

"Clive come and look at you little sister" Lorenz called out to his son who was hiding behind his grandmother.

Although he had been awaiting her arrival for nearly ten months. Now that his sister was here, he was feeling shy.

The three year old poked his head out cautiously and in an instant, dashed towards his mother.

"Careful Clive" Lorenz picked up Clive in his arms so that he could get a clear view of his new sister.

" Thiz ish meh sistaw" said the little boy hovering over the baby.

The little boy smiled as he looked at his sister for the first time.

"Whash ish her nane" he asked his mother.

"Her name is Angelica" said Rosaline, planting a kiss on her daughter's forehead.

"Angelica Ashford" Lorenz repeated after her.

"Our Angel"

It was a night that stood in the memory of the Ashford family. As the family of four welcomed the newest addition to their family.

It was a night that three moons of Orion had come together in a synchronism after nearly five hundred years.