CHAPTER 59

The room was a DISASTER.

The safe door was wide open with documents spewed all over the floor. The furniture was overturned, even the dress I wore yesterday was ripped into pieces and was thrown in multiple directions.

There were glass shards near the door and the worst case out of all was laying beside me.

Is that a wine stain?

There were wine stains on Edward's white shirt and not to mention the drawings on his face.

Is that a flying panda or a bird?

How did this happen?

A few hours ago...

"I left the love of my life back home. I don't know what he's up to without me" Angelica cried out in a heartbroken voice while holding her chest.

Having emptied all three bottles of the wine she was no longer in a stable state. 

Not much different from her drinking habits in her previous life, Angelica continued talking her mind without any restraint.

Angelica was on the bed lying with her head hanging from the side near Edward's foot. She flailed her hands in the air trying to catch the tiny bird that was flying in front of her. 

It was a ruby-throated hummingbird with iridescent feathers.

"What a beautiful birdie..."

The bird was colorful enough to attract the attention of the drunk Angelica. She was laughing to her heart's content trying to catch it as if she was a child playing a game. The bird kept evading her touch by hovering over her face and flying backward.

"Stop moving!" When she finally managed to catch the bird, it slipped through her fingers as if it was an illusion.

Angelica suddenly remembered the encyclopedia books she was reading to Edward. It had information about a wide collection of small animals and birds. 

"I found the spy by the way. I identified him within two days. Two... that was all the time I needed"

"The dude with a mole is a 'mole'. The irony........ HAHA"

"That reminds me....." She smirked.

"If Alice fell down the rabbit hole and went to wonderland, then Angelica fell down the manhole and went to slaughter land.....HAHAHA Or was it pushed.....I can't remember "

"ribbit ribbit........no that's a frog. I want a rabbit" She held her head with her hands and ruffled her hair.

Thinking of something she slowly got up and stared into space with unfocused eyes.

"What am I doing?"

Angelica got on all fours and tried to stand on top of the bed, only to slip on a wine bottle and fall down. But a single slip was not enough to stop her.

After a few failed attempts she managed to stand on her feet and struck a victory pose.

"Where is my mike? What kind of a Karaoke place doesn't have a mike?" She started searching for a mike thinking she was in a Karaoke bar.

She felt something near her leg and looked down to see what it was.

"Who is this? Did you pass out from a little drinking? What are you a baby?" 

It was Edward in the same position he has always been. Unconscious and unresponsive.

Thinking he was one of her friends from college she tried to wake him up by kicking him on the stomach. But it was no use.