CHAPTER 20

"So?"

"So so?"

"Don't you have something to say?" Dad said with a smiley face, but not so smiley eyes.

Currently, I'm standing in my father's study being questioned. I was surrounded by my mother, father, and my grandmother, who had just returned from inspecting the territory.

After the tea party ended with a blast everybody left for their respective residences.

It was quite a sight if I have to say.

Adam had to be carried in a stretcher since he passed out from shock.

Bryan was glued to his mother. And Adelaide was ok....I guess. She looked kind of happy or should I say at peace?

"But I'm innocent" I pouted looking sideways towards my grandmother. She was observing our little courthouse with her usual poker face.

"The young master of house Norton had to be carried in a stretcher"

"But it's not my fault he fainted" I answered looking at Dad in the eyes.

"You threw a snake at him"

"Oh come on..... it was a baby snake" I muttered and rolled my eyes.

So much for the future commander of the Silver Knights. If anything I am very concerned for the future of this country. The guy could not even take on a baby snake let alone handle invaders and bandits.

Sigh......

"It wasn't even poisonous"

"Like that makes it any better" Dad shot back in an instant.

"You need to start learning to take responsibility, Angelica. Only you are responsible for your actions"

I have never seen Dad look so serious before. Like ever. Makes sense because Mom was very upset.

I looked towards my right to find standing with folded arms. She looked down, contrary to her usual happy persona.

I felt sorry for unintentionally ruining her long awaited reunion with her friends.

It was entirely not my fault since it was Countess Norton's grand plan to use their tea party as a blind date for her son that led to the chaos.

"You're going to be under disciplinary studies for the next two weeks. Take this time to reflect on your behavior" Dad sighed and shook his head.

So in other words, I'm grounded.

Playing dumb isn't going to cut it huh. I guess I only have one option to get out of this mess.

It was time to change tactics.

"But.....but....I didn't mean to do that daddy" Big droplets of tears started streaming down Angelica's cheeks.

On seeing his daughter cry, Lorenz panicked. He jumped up from his desk and ran towards her.

"No no no no no.......don't cry An-An" Lorenz tried to console Angelica.

" Daddy *sniff* *sniff* Adam was mean to me too" Angelica complained between sniffs.

*poof*

And that one magic word was enough ammo to melt down Lorenz's heart. Since Angelica rarely even called out to him. He felt as if he was hit by an arrow of cuteness.

"It's ok An-An. It's not your fault" Lorenz said, hugging her.

'One down' Angelica hid her sly smirk and turned to her next target.

"Mommy..... I'm sorry" Angelica looked at Rosaline with a teary and innocent face.

*poof* *poof*

"It's ok baby. That child was at fault too" said Rosaline as she hugged her daughter in her arms.

'Another down........hehe' Angelica thought as she sneakily smiled and looked up to her grandmother.

'Next is the last boss'