CHAPTER 16

"Hah! You're just a little girl" Adam scoffed trying to avoid his embarrassment.

Not knowing how to respond in front of the girl he liked, he instead started saying whatever that came to his mind.

"You can't even use magic"

But little did he know that he was digging his own grave.

"He did not just say that" Elliot acted surprised at Adam's statement and covered his mouth in a dramatic manner.

It was well known among the family members that their cute little cousin had a sour spot for magic.

Just a mention of the word 'magic' was enough to earn a spot in Angelica's target list.

The Howard twins knew that they were on the top of the hit list for quite a while.

They felt satisfied to have one of their friends being added to it with just a little push.

Not only did Adam mention the forbidden word. He even dared to mock her on the subject.

"You will be remembered, my friend. You have lived up to the honor of the Silver Knights" Tristan put a hand on Adam's shoulder as he said that.

"Look over there"

Adam looked up to find Angelica staring at his face with murderous intent.

'Wha... What is happening? Why is she looking at me like that?' Adam blinked, confused by her sudden change in aura.

'Initially I was going to let this slide since he was just a kid. He did his best for a seven year old who had just started training. But this.........this is just too much even for me. We'll see who's the little one here!'

A fiery blaze ignited inside Angelica's heart.

"Step back" Angelica said as she walked past a confused Adam.

The group moved back automatically feeling unsettled by the tone of Angelica's voice. Since she moved with her hair draped over her face. They were unable to see her expression.

"This is going to be fun" Tristan mumbled.

The audience was made of an anxious Clive, skeptical Adam and Adelaide, the satisfied Howard twins and the only consistent person so far, Bryan.

Angelica stood still for a moment with her eyes closed and clenched fists.

The audience gulped because of the tension in the air.

In the blink of an eye she ran towards the tree next to the lion statue using it as a boost to match its height. She cut through the wind as she flew towards her target.

*THUD*

The kids stood shocked as their jaws dropped in slow motion by looking at the unbelievable scene in front of them.

Their eyes were as wide as saucers, still processing the image. They took turns looking at the statue and Angelica.

Angelica landed on the ground gracefully and looked at the fallen statue completely satisfied. She walked towards Adam and flashed a smile.

"So?"

Adam flinched back not having expected her to succeed. In fact, he was waiting for this to end so that he could console her and play the 'hero'.

But right now..........

"Shouldn't you be declaring something" Angelica smiled wickedly.

"You're ......." Adam mumbled as he clenched his fist

"I can't hear you" Angelica leaned in.

"You're the......st"

"I still can't hear you. Is that all the future Commander of the Silver Knights has got? Put some effort into it"

"YOU'RE THE STRONGEST" Adam yelled at the top of his lungs.

"That's more like it"

Happy, Angelica hopped on her way to pick up her ribbon that Adam had blown away with his magic. Leaving a distraught Adam to be consoled by the others.

"How? sh- she's.......she's just a kid. How is this possible?" Adam covered his eyes with his hands unable to comprehend reality.

"Well she's an Ashford alright. It's to be expected"

"But she IS a bit strange"

The twins commented and tried to comfort Adam.

"But still! She's smaller than me"

"You got to stop judging the book by its cover Adam"

"Elliot is right Adam. think of what your mother told you"

'What my mother told me?' Adam tried to remember Caroline's words.

'Be sure to create a good first impression on Ashford's daughter Adam. There will be no second chances. Because Angelica is going to be your future w...'

Blood drained from Adam's face as he recollected Caroline's words.

"No.....no..... NO!NEVER" He started to panic, concerned for his future.

On the other side.....

"Hmm.....hmm....hmm" Angelica hummed as she searched for her ribbon.

After searching for only a few minutes, she found her ribbon near the pond.

Suddenly she felt something graze through her legs. She looked down to see a small wriggly figure trying to cling to her leg.

"Oh....... hello there little one"

Angelica picked it up and made her way back to the group.