Part 2 Chapter 88

In a tavern somewhere along the borders of the Velven empire...

"Fight!" "Fight!" "Fight!" "Fight!"

The table on the right side of the tavern was moved to the edge to create an empty space.

A fighting ring was formed by a group of men with the rope lent by the tavern owner Mrs.Wilbert.

Two people were standing on either side of the ring while the crowd around them cheered.

"You think you can beat me little girl" A burly man with a short beard sneered at his opponent. His pale red hair was rusty from the sun exposure.

The golden lion emblem on his chest was the identification tag belonging to the golden lion mercenaries of Orion. It was a name that was derived from the crest of the Orion royal symbol, the Golden Lion.

The mercenary was wearing a sleeveless leather shirt that exposed his bare muscles which clenched every time he spoke.

"We'll see about that"

His opponent, a bright blue-haired girl smirked. Her eyes were a shade of crystal green akin to emeralds. She was gazing at him in a relaxed manner, without any sign of fear or panic.

"Aren't you cocky?" The burly man was irritated by her attitude.

He was annoyed by the fact that he, a senior mercenary of the Golden Lions, was challenged by a newbie mercenary beast girl.

He had asked her out for a drink after seeing her pretty face. But she did not respond and ignored him. He was embarrassed at being rejected in front of his men and asked her out again.

Things escalated at a quick pace and it ended up at a standoff. One of the customers in the tavern suggested a duel and they borrowed the space from the tavern to hold it.

"Gallon!" "Gallon!" "Gallon!"

The golden lion mercenaries cheered for their colleague. Since his opponent was a beast girl quarter his size, the output of the duel was evident to them.

"If you are so confident......." The girl walked up to Gallon and stood in front of him.

""Then how about we bet on it?"

"Bet? You wanna bet with me? Hah!" Gallon scoffed.

The girl was bold enough to challenge him without knowing her place. Now she wants to bet? 

Then so be it.

"One hundred gold coins." Gallon smirked and looked at his opponent from top to bottom.

"One hundred golden coins IF you win against me, little girl"

"Yeaaaah, that's right Gallon! Put her in her place"

"Know your place, women! How dare you stand against the Golden Lion mercenaries!"

The men behind Gallon started cheering for him.

"One hundred gold coins? That's it? That's how much your pride's worth?" The girl asked sarcastically. She turned to the side, her lips curled into a mocking smile.

"Two hundred gold coins!"

Gallon increased the bet money. He was getting more and more pissed by the girl's attitude. She was not even looking at him or listening to him.

"Three hundred gold coins!"

"Haah" The girl merely signed and rolled her eyes.

"Four hundred... No! Five hundred gold coins!"

Oblivious to the fact that the girl was egging him, Gallon continued to raise the bet money. There was a deep frown between his brows.

"Show her the pride of the Golden Lion mercenaries!" A voice came from the back of the crowd, riling up the rest of the men.