CHAPTER 14

"Your head looks like a rat pooped all over it. Then came back with a bunch of rat pals and did it again. You poopy head! " I was smiling at them and talking in a calm voice.

"And you" I pointed at Adelaide. She looked surprised by my sudden change in attitude and flinched back a step.

"Your hair is actually pretty good. I like it" I winked at her. But before I could tease her a little more, Clive pulled me back towards him.

Adelaide's face flushed within microseconds. She was as red as a tomato, making her pigtails look like horns. So cute.

Her brother wasn't far off either. They look a lot like each other.

"My father's the commander of the Silver knights!" Adam bellowed with clenched fists.

"So? What's that gotta do with me?" I shrugged and turned my face away.

"It means...... I'm the future commander of the Silver knights!"

"Ok! I got the picture. You don't need to shout it out. Geez....." I said as I covered my ears.

"Your daddy's the Knight commander right? Yaayy!" I clapped with a smile on my face, "But what's that got to do with me?"

"Uhg...."

"What got no comeback for that? Is that all you got kiddo?"

Adam was gritting his teeth so hard that I could literally hear it from here.

"I'm......"

What now?

"You're.......?"

"I'm stronger than everyone here"

I don't know why he's saying that but, let's just go with the flow.

"So what?" I walked closer to him and said right at his face, "If you're strong I'm stronger"

Adam flinched back having not expected such a comeback.

"You're just a little girl. There's no way you're stronger than me"

He looked at me from head to toe and scoffed.

"Why don't you guys just fight it out and see who's the strongest?" Tristan said in a playful tone, looking like he was plotting something.

"Yes, just like normal people do" Elliot walked towards Adam and put a hand on his shoulder. The twin devils nodded at each other.

Meanwhile, Bryan was just standing there doing........ nothing. He was doing absolutely nothing. He was just like a porcelain doll standing on the top rack of a toy store.

Is he even alright? Should we summon a shaman or something along the likes?

"No! I don't hit girls" Adam shook his head from left to right to disapprove of Tristan's suggestion.

"Well that's too bad since I'm about to knock your teeth out" I said as I took a step towards him. But Clive stopped me again.

"You can't hit others" said Clive, standing in between us.

To be honest, without Clive the neutralizer, this place would have already turned into a fighting ring.

"I'm not going to hit her" Adam crossed his arms and turned his face away blushing.

"I'm not talking to you Adam"

"What!"

Clive ignored him and turned back towards me.

"An-An you absolutely cannot hit him. You promised. Remember?" he asked in an earnest voice.

"I will absolutely not not hit him" I raised my right hand and answered him.

"That's good........wait what did you say?"

Before Clive could talk again Tristan cut in between us and Elliot covered his mouth from behind.

"How about a contest?" Tristan suggested.

"Hah!" I smirked. I can see where this is going.

"Whoever knocks out that sculpture He pointed towards the lion statue behind us, "is the strongest"

It was a statue of a lion in a commanding stance. Pretty much the way we are right now........

"Sounds like a good plan" Elliot beamed like an innocent child and

But.

Why sounds way too planned for it to be a coincidence. My best guess is that they are still not over the gecko incident.

I looked at them with a look that said 'Bring it on'.

Smirk.

These boys have the nerve to smirk at me huh. They're not going anywhere anytime soon so I can always get back at them. Slowly...... and steadily.....

"I can see what you're doing. But I'm gonna let you do it. Cause when this"

I pointed towards Adam ".....is over. You're next"

Tristan and Elliot shrugged off my warning.

These brats always have a special tendency to increase my blood pressure! Grrrr......

And so the game began.