Chapter 91

Weren't the Nero mercenaries solely composed of beastkin?

Although he had never talked to them, Will had seen the Nero mercenaries from afar. They were all beastkin belonging to different species. That was why he thought Ann, the only female member of the group to also be a beastkin.

That was until he witnessed the fight that went down in the tavern that ended with Ann's victory.

"I thought she was a fox beastman" Will mumbled, as he saw Ann walk past their table with Kobe and the twins.

"Even the hair and eye colors are the same"

"Haha"

Gallahan could not help but laugh when he saw his Grandson's confused state. He glanced at the table Ann was sitting at and then turned back to Will.

Will was still in a trance, mumbling without taking his eyes off of Ann's back. He had always wanted to talk to her even if it was just a simple greeting but ultimately decided not to in fear of Raeden, the leader of the Nero mercenaries.

A single glare from Raeden was enough to send people running away in fear. Since Raeden has been warding off every man that approached Ann for years. He had thought it would be impossible to talk to her.

But an opportunity came sooner than he expected when he heard that Raeden left for the guild headquarters on business. And when he was away, Gallon from the Golden Lion mercenaries, who was known for being a muscle brain, beat him to the punch. Although things did not end well for Gallon, Will was still depressed.

"I thought they were triplets. But she was a human all along"

"Stop talking to yourself and man up" Gallahan lightly hit his Grandson on the back of his head.

"Oww! Why did you hit me Grandpa!"

"You won't be able to achieve anything if all you do is self-loathe without the slightest of effort"

"I know. I'll... I'll try... tomorrow definitely" Will's voice faded into silence.

"You're hopeless" Gallahan sighed and went back to his beer.

'No. I shouldn't get worked up by Grandpa's words. I'm just a helpless sheep in front of a predatory wolf' Will shook his head in defeat reminded of the leader of the Nero mercenaries who was absent due at the place.

Suddenly Will felt a chill go down his spine. Although less experienced, he was still a member of a mercenary group that traveled across dangerous regions. He searched behind him when he felt like someone was glaring at his back. But there was no one that caught his eye aside from two robed men passing by.

'Am I imagining things now?' Will scratched his head in confusion before turning back to his table.

Meanwhile on the table of the Wayward merchants...

"Chug!" "Chug!" "Chug!"

"How is she still drinking?"

"I can't believe Jerome is going to lose!"

The men around the two people in the middle of the drinking contest spectated in awe. They were all part of a traveling merchant group temporarily staying in the tavern.

"How are you still going?" Jerome asked in a drunken state. His tanned face was flushed red with drops of alcohol dripping from his thick beard.

"I can do this all day"

His opponent Ann, put down her empty jug with a confident smile. Although she was drunk, it was not to the point that she would lose her sanity.

"Hahahaha"