CHAPTER 12

"Let's go. We will catch this 'cookie dwarf' you speak of at a later time"

Mom took Clive's hand and glanced at me again.

Since that day, the cookie dwarf disappeared from the Ashford residence.

Dad took my hand and we walked together all the way towards the entrance to greet the guests.

Mom, Dad, Clive and I stood in a line, all four clad in armor.

The gates opened and a series of carriages stopped in front of us.

Each carriage had a different emblem drawn on its sides. The knights surrounding the carriages also had the emblems sewn on their robes.

The first person to come out of the carriage was Countess Norton. She stepped down elegantly with the aid of a knight. And as soon as she saw my mother her entire face lit up like a light bulb.

"Rosaline" She called out, flashing a smile.

Countess Norton was followed by her seven year old son Adam Norton and four year old daughter Adelaide Norton.

Adam had brown hair like his father, whereas Adelaide was a redhead like her mother.

The second carriage to arrive was Viscountess Maze Hathway and her son Bryan Hathway.

Bryan was the same age as Clive and Adam. He was a petite looking boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. He looked like a carbon copy of his mother.

But why does he look like a lifeless puppet? Is he in his emo phase or something?

My brows furrowed a bit. I kinda feel creeped out.

And last but not the least was Baroness Vanessa Howard, my aunt and her sons Tristan and Elliot.

"Here comes the twin disasters" I muttered under my breath so that only Clive could hear it.

Clive blinked and looked between the three of us. He seemed dumbfounded by my statement.

"I thought you were on good terms with them?" He asked with a face of doubt.

"You know...after that day Mom made you three sit together for an etiquette lesson on manners"

"I never said that we were on good terms" I smirked

"Besides, you can trust loud people, it's always the quiet ones that can't be trusted"

Tristan and Elliot were walking towards us in a casual manner. They may look innocent. But these two are the real troublemakers.

They are identical twins with brown hair and black eyes. It's hard to tell them apart. So if they create trouble they can easily alibi each other out.

They can only be categorized as disastrous Tristan and comparatively less disastrous Elliot.

"How have you been, cousins?" Tristan was the first to talk.

"We've been good....." Clive started to return his greetings.

"..until you two came waltzing in" But I interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.

"Haha.. our little cousin has a sarcastic tongue. Doesn't she?"

Elliot tried to pat my head. But he took his hand back before he could touch my head because of the death glare emanating from my eyes.

There were sparks flying between the three of us.

Ignoring the two idiots who were trying to provoke me is for the better.

That's right. I may have a child's body, but the mind belongs to a twenty-five-year-old adult. I can't let two brats be the reason for my undoing.

'Ignore them, Eunseo! Ignore! '

Whilst the adults were exchanging greetings I scanned the other kids. A

Adam seems to be the tallest among us.

When our eyes met briefly, he flinched and turned his head to the side. On the other hand, his little sister was openly glaring at me.

My eyebrows arched as I couldn't figure out the situation.

'What was that?'

While I was confused by the Norton sibling's varied reactions towards me, the adults finished their greetings. We went to the garden where arrangements for the tea party were already made.

And now it's introduction time.

"You all have already met my eldest son Clive. This is my daughter Angelica" My mother pulled me in front of her as she said that.

"Hello. I am the youngest child of the Ashford household. Angelica Ashford. Please take good care of me"

I gave them a curtsy as I introduced myself. I have been practicing this introduction for two weeks now. I wanted to get this over with so I can go back to training.

'I miss grandma'

"My my what a cute child you have Rosaline '' Countess Norton complemented with a bright smile on her face.

Then she introduced her children without any delay.

"This is my son Adam and daughter Adelaide. I hope you all get to know each other"

The last to introduce was Viscountess Hathway.

"This is my son Bryan. Please take good care of him."

Blah blah blah..........

The introductions went for a while. Halfway through I lost interest. I started singing songs inside my head.

~baa, baa, black sheep,

have any wool?

Yes sir, yes sir,

Three tanks full~

".............so take them there to the ..........."

".......elica...........ca..........Angelica!" Mom called me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Ya......Yes mother"

"Weren't you listening to us? Take the children and show them around"

Why am I the tour guide?

We left the garden gazebo where the moms were having tea and went to the other side of the garden which was near the pond.

And the first one to open his mouth was Adam Norton.

"You look weird"

It was a statement directed towards me, the tour guide.

This kid.

He must be tired of living in the mortal world.......Ha.....Ha......