Chapter 139

Mana, the source of magic, is essential for any living creature to exist. 

Without the existence of mana, life would cease to continue, and the world would crumble into nothing.

For all living beings, the heart is the core of the mana that connects the soul with the physical plane.

When the physical existence reaches the end of its life, mana persists in the soul and undergoes the cycle of birth to fulfill its destiny.

As long as the soul exists, it retains its core and awaits its next journey under the goddess's blessing.

While creatures like dragons are the apex of magic, other beings, from elves born with natural magic to a small squirrel in the depths of Eldom, contain mana adequate to survive in the world.

Once the mana within the heart is extinguished, the soul ceases to exist and breaks away from the cycle of life to be eternally lost.

Magic transformed the once devoid land into a beautiful world that enabled life to thrive and prosper to its fullest. It enabled creatures of different species to communicate and coexist, performing wonders as time went on.

But, as beautiful as it is, the more dangerous it could turn.

Mana accumulated over a prolonged duration of time without any means of release could induce adverse outbreaks and eruptions. 

It was the very first mana outbreak that ultimately led to the creation of the universe and life as we know it. 

The phenomenon was later interpreted by the name 'The Big Bang' by the philosophers of the era.

When mana is tethered from flowing through the body, it accumulates in the heart unbeknownst to the host. After reaching a breaking point, the constricted energy gets forcefully released to the surface to regain stability. 

Throughout history, cases of pent-up mana have been sources of activating catastrophic destructions amounting to insurmountable damages. 

Dragons release massive quantities of mana through breaths of fire to sustain a stable core. Mages and magical beasts with extraordinary magic purge excess mana at least once in their lifetime.

Whereas beings with lesser mana, expunge excess mana in their heart naturally through the course of their lifetime.

A condensed mana outbreak could be lethal enough to level a whole city to smithereens if not handled properly. To avoid such scenarios, the imperial palace keeps track of the mages in the country. 

Thus, as a person who was born with nothing more than the bare minimum Ann couldn't accept the fact that she was having a mana outbreak. 

"What? That's not possible... Ughhhh!"

'Cause I don't have any' Ann was unable to finish her sentence. 

*clang* *clang*

She dropped Loki to the ground and clenched her chest. Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead onto the pavement as her vision blurred and, the world started to revolve.

"Arghhhh!" 

Ann groaned. The pain was unlike anything she had ever experienced before.

It felt as if her whole body was being torn apart into pieces while being put together at the same time. 

'This is way worse than the time I was hit by a car! So much for surviving twenty-one!' 

Ann bit her lips in an effort to hold in her screams. She didn't want to freak out the twins more than they already were.