04. Opening night

--6:30--
--Monday--
Daveed POV

It was Hamilton opening day! The day so many of use have worked so hard on us finally here. I hope I don't mess this up. That would suck.

Anyways, Y/n spent the night with me last night. And before you ask, she stayed in the guess room.

For the past week all I could think about is do I love her? Today I'm trying to keep that out of my mind. To not make me mess up.

I decided I would let her sleep a little longer so I prepared breakfast for us both.

--10 minutes later--
Y/n POV

I awoke to Daveed shaking me awake. I don't know what made me do this but I slapped him across the face.

"Ohmygoshimsosorry!!" I hurried and said.

"It's ok Y/n! Just didn't expect that," he said holding his face.

After a few more apologies we made our way to the kitchen where he made breakfast. Right then and there it hit me. HAMILTON IS OPENING ON BROADWAY!!

All of my brother's hard work was finally playing off. I'm so proud of him. So many people made fun of him saying he would never make it but he's there.

--1:00--
Lin POV

There was 30 minutes until showtime and I could t stop thinking about what if things go wrong?

What if I forget the choreo?

If the costume rips or their is a malfunction?

If someone hits the notes wrong?

If I chicken out?

Was this idea stupid like people told me?

All of this was to much. Maybe I should have listened to those people. I know I've been on broadway before but-

I was interrupted from my knocks when Y/n walked through the door.

"Wha- Y/n! I could've been changing!"

"Hah, nothing I haven't seen before."

"Yah but we were like 8," I said getting up from my spot on the couch. I guess she could see how nervous I was because she asked,

"Are you ok."

"To be honest no. I am not."

"Well tell me what happened, maybe I could help?"

"What if I mess up? What if this was all a mistake? What if someone does something wrong and I get humiliated, AGAIN."

"Whoa. Where is this all coming from. You never worried about this with 'In the Heights'?"

"I really don't know, I guess all the hate is finally getting to me. I mean-why did I write a musical about a founding father. Why not someone else?" I replied.

Y/n being the sweet person she is tried calling me down.

"Now Lin. You can't let them get to you know? They weren't there with you in the writing process, rehearsals, they weren't even really with you! How would they know the stress and shit you went through for this?!"

"You're right. I have nothing to be afraid of! We're going to do great!" After the small conversation I went to give her a hug.

--1:30--
Third person POV

This was it. The moment Lin and the cast have prepared for, for so long. The crowd was huge.

Among the crown were Y/n, Rafael and a lady who will be important to the story later. Rafael and Y/n were sitting next to each other.

Another thing I forgot to say, the two are now also besties. When Y/n and Daveed because best friends Rafael had no choice but to be her's too.

After a while the musical finally started.

--

It was now John Lauren's death and the theatre was in tears. News reporters in the front were taking notes on how much emotion it showed. It was truly incredible.

--

It was now intermission. Y/n and Rafa decided they would join the cast backstage.

The back was filled with laughter and talking. They were all so excited!

Rafael and Y/n were talking to the others when Y/n get a call from her boss. She once again excused herself from the group.

Meanwhile, the mysterious girl was talking about the play amongst her friends. She loved it! She can't wait to see how it ends. Could this be the start of something new for her?

--

Back to Y/n. As soon as she was in a different room she answered the phone.

Y/n: Hello? Is someone wrong?

Boss: Nothing is wrong but something is different and it's not good

Y/n: Ok.. what is it?

Boss: Well Y/n, you need to leave for Italy tomorrow

Y/n: WHAT?! I thought I had at least a month! I didn't even pack my stuff!

Boss: Sorry for the inconvenience but you have to leave or we give someone else the job. This is a huge opportunity Y/n!

Y/n: I guess.. I'll leave

Boss: That's great! We already booked your flight, it's for 1 o'clock. See you there. Bye Y/n

Y/n: Bye

This was crazy! They couldn't make up their mind before this?

Y/n decided she was going to tell the cast the news after the play. She didn't want to put anymore stress on them.

--4:00--
Y/n POV

It was now over. The cast did such an amazing job! I'm so proud of them. Lin was handed the microphone and started speaking. Mostly thanking people who believed in him.

"And I want to give a special thanks a mi hermana! Te amo mucho Y/n! You've had to put up with my foolishness your whole life and yet you still support me. You are one of the few people who encouraged me to follow my dreams from my childhood to now so thank you so much!"

At this point I was in tears. I always feel so thankful to be adopted by such a loving family.

--

The cast, Rafael, my parents and I were now all backstage. The room was once again filled with laughter and and talking.

I pulled Daveed, my parents and Lin inside a separate room to tell them the news.

"I have some news to share with you guys."

"You remember how I said I had to go to Italy right? Well... I leave tomorrow."

Everyone was shocked. I mean so was I. I thought I would have at least a month left with them.

"Wow," mom said. I could tell she was disappointed. So we're the rest.

Daveed came up and gave me a hug and so did the rest.

I knew that they were still very happy for me but this wasn't what we expected at all.

Why does it have to be me?