16. Everything seemed to be going right

(There's a scene here similar to the one from my favorite show so if you get it I love you!)

--6:30 am--
--December 25--
Y/n POV

Today was Christmas Day. It's been almost a week since Daveed died so there's not as much joy as wished. At least for me.

Vanessa woke up super early today to make cookies. She's been trying to get me into the 'Christmas spirit'. I don't think it's working, but I wasn't going to tell her that.

I mean how could I. She's been trying to cheer Lin and I up when she has other worries.

I swear- if Lin doesn't marry her I will.

I heard that Marissa might come today. I'm not sure. I kinda hope she does, I miss her a lot. I miss all of them, really.

After I got together and put on a Christmas sweater Vanessa gave me, I walked into the living room where they sat.

"Good morning guys. Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas Y/n!" They both said.

"I was just telling Lin our plans for today. First we're going to go ice skating, then Anthony, Rafael, Emmy and Jasmine are coming for dinner."

"Thank you for everything Vanessa. We really don't deserve you!" I said going to give her a hug.

"Aww it's no problem. I love you guys to much to let you be alone." She said returning the hug.

That's when we heard a click.

Lin took a Polaroid picture! Both of our heads turned to his direction and gave him a look.

"Whaattt?"

--8:30--
Third Person POV

Vanessa and Y/n are just now getting started on cooking. Cooking always lifted Y/n's spirit so she was excited.

It seemed like they were making a lot more food than needed but she didn't question it at all.

"Hey, Lin. Can you pass me the container of chopped seasoning I did last night?" Y/n asked him.

"This one?" Lin asked pulling out a container or paprika from the cabinet.

"Lin- no, she means the celery, onion, parsley, etc. out of the refrigerator!"

"Ohhh, that makes more sense," he said walking towards the fridge. "I was like chopped?" He laughed, the girls did the same.

They spent the rest of the morning cooking and talking. There was truly not a care in the word for them.

Not even Daveed was on their minds right now which is major progress. I wonder how Vanessa did it.

She's definitely superwoman!

--2:00--
Y/n POV

We were now at the ice skating rink. There were many people here.

Somehow out of the crowd I spotted Rafa, Jazzy and Anthony.

"Is this a bad time to tell them I can't skate?"
I whispered to Rafa.

"Don't worry, I'll help you." He told me.

--

Once we were actually on the ice it how way scarier.

"Y/n you can't clutch on to me forever! You have to let go."

"Promise you won't let me fall!"

"I can't promise that"

"Rafa I don't care just say promise!"