06. Hanahaki

--10:00 am--
--Sunday--
Daveed POV

It has been almost a week since Y/n left and it's kind of weird. Not only has it felt like the cast lost someone special but I've been coughing... a lot.

That isn't the crazy part though.

These coughs have been violent. Like my chest hurts violent.

Lin gave me tomorrow off because of it. He also thinks it would be a good idea to give my understudy a chance and it would be good to figure out the problem.

I was going to spend the day out but I don't feel well so I decided to invite Rafa over.

--11:00--
Daveed POV

Rafael finally came and let himself in. Of course I gave him a key, he's my best friend!

Once he settled in I started coughing... again. Only this time it was different. (Your favorite flower) petals came up? This just got way weirder.

"What the hell?!" Rafael exclaimed.

The only thing I could do was stay silent staring wide eyes at the petals.

"I know I wasn't an A student, but I don't think
(y/f/f) petals are supposed to come up when you cough!"

"Rafa! What the hell is happening?!"

"I don't know! Why are you asking me?!"

"I don't know."

"Oh my gosh I'm going to die!" I said pacing around. Rafael quickly got up from his spot on the couch and stopped me.

"No you aren't. You're just going to call you doctor and make an appointment! Simple."

I nodded in agreement with him and went to set my appointment.

--2:00--
Daveed POV

I decided to book my appointment today because I was so weirded out. Hopefully it was nothing serious.

When the doctor came in I told him what happened.

"Wait a second. So you just coughed up flower petals?!"

"Yes! I know right, that's so weird."

After that they ran a few test on me.

--

The doctor came in with that expression on his face.

"So Mr. Diggs. Serious question here. Are you by and chance... in love with anybody?"

What? How could my personal life have anything to do with this?

"You need to answer this question. Like right now"

"Umm... yes?" I responded.

"For how long." He said writing something down.

"Well I figured it out about a week ago."

"Mhm," he said handing me a slip, "I need you to see this doctor. Today. He will make sure it's what I think it is." And with that he walked out of the room asking me to follow.

I quickly grabbed my jacket and followed like asked. I signed paperwork headed to the door.

Rafael was waiting in the car for me.

--

"Hanahaki? Isn't that some kind of fictional disease?" I questioned the doctor.

"Yes, but it's very rare in real life. Only a few other people have been proven to have it. Not you included."

"What happened to those other people?" Rafa asked. Oh yah, he was also with me.

"Well... they died."

My heart dropped.

"Oh I'm sorry! That doesn't mean you're going to die. There are ways for it to be cured!"

"How can it be cured?"

"Well the first one is them loving you back. You would have to somehow make them love you back but you on get specific amount of time. It depends on how fast you flowers grow or how much your feelings grow. If they reach your heart before they love you back, you well...die

"Second option is getting surgery done by professional. The only thing is once the surgery is complete you can't love another person romantically ever again."

Woah. Both of these ideas suck.

"Then there's the last option. Dying."

Well that one also sucks.

"You still have time to decide. When you do call me again."

--7:00--
Daveed POV

Rafa and I were sitting in my couch in silence.

"So, Daveed who are you in love with."

I don't know why but I laughed.

"This is crazy. I might die because I love someone and you don't even know who it is."

He also laughed slightly.

"Who do you think it is?" I said turning to face him.

"Well.. maybe Phillipa? I mean, she is single."

"Wrong"

"Well then tell me who it is!"

"Y/n"

"Y/n?!" He said with a gasp, slapping my arm playfully.

"I can't blame you, she is hot."

"Wha- nevermind"

"So what do you think you're going to do?" He asked.

"I'm not sure right now. Still kind of trying to sort it all out."

"Well you should start thinking soon. This is pretty important."

"Yah you're right." After that my phone started ringing. It was Y/n.

Y/n: Hey Daveed! Are you ok, Lin told me he gave you the day off

Daveed: Yes I am fine! Thanks for asking

That was a lie.

Y/n: No problem

Rafael: Hi Y/n!

Y/n: Hi Rafa!

That's how it went for about an hour. Rafael and I catching up with Y/n. She was partnered with a guy from California. I think his name was Johan. (Lmaooo)

After the call Rafael and I went to sleep.

--

I couldn't think of a boy name so I just chose Johan.