15. Nightmare turned reality

--6:30 am--
--December 16th--
--Wednesday--
Y/n POV

I just finished packing my stuff. I couldn't even go to sleep because my flight is at 8 am.

I know whatever reason Lin told me to come home is important so that doesn't matter. I'd rather someone not die, than be sleep deprived.

Johan stayed up to help me packing. I'm really going to miss him. You may not like him because you know what I don't, but he's a very sweet guy.

"Hey- Y/n. I want to tell you this before you leave." He said stopping me from what I was doing. Hopefully it isn't bad.

"Ok what is it?"

"I don't think we should- you know. Date."

This hurt my heart. Like a lot but at the same time I agreed.

"Same. Especially not right now."

"Hopefully we can still be friends!"

"Yah! Definitely."

--8:00 am--
Third person POV

Y/n's flight number was just called.

This was very emotional for the crew even though they've only known each other for 4 months. They became family in those few months.

But, the quicker she gets to New York the easier it may be. But still at the rate the flowers are growing, she may not make it in time. Hopefully she does.

After she said goodbye she walked to her gate.

--

Let's check up on Daveed. He's not good. Obviously.

"Hey, Rafael. Can I talk to you outside?" Mary asked him.

"Yeah sure."

When they were outside she finally told him. "His flowers are growing very fast. We may have to put him in a coma. It'll slow the spread until the girl gets here."

"A coma? For how long? Is this even safe?"

"It is safe, we've done this many times. It won't be any different. But to do that, we need your consent since you're closest to him."

"Ok, can I at least check up with his parents? I don't want to do anything without their consent."

"Yes that's fine, but we need to know in the next 10 minutes."

"Ok that's fine. I'll only be a second my phone is right here!"

Rafael then checked up with his parents. They agreed.

"Ok so that's it! Well get the anesthesiologists. I should be back in 10 minutes. The procedure will take seconds."

After that, Rafa walked back into the room and told Daveed what would happen.

"So let me get this straight. They're going to inject me with a medicine that'll make me go into a coma?"

"Yep, that's it."

"How long will it take?" Lin asked. Oh yeah, I forgot to say. Both Anthony and Lin also stayed with Daveed overnight.

"Seconds."

"Oh ok. So when are they coming?" Daveed asked him for like the 100th time.

"Wha- I keep telling you this! It should be like 20 minutes from now."

"Oh- sorry. I guess I just kinda forgot."

"It's ok Dav."

--