19

Harry's POV

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Usually I get to sleep pretty quick and stay asleep throughout the night. But last night I couldn't. I tossed and turned all night. Every now and then I'd get hot and take off the covers straight after I'd get cold.

And the night terrors! Oh my god don't get me started. Everytime I'd wake up and go back to sleep their faces were everywhere. Taunting me, mocking me. It was the same thing all night.

I tried to stretch my arms and crack my back. Instant regret. It felt like I was in more pain than yesterday. This is ridiculous. Though I guess I should have seen this coming.

If I can't move, how am I supposed to eat. How am I even going to get breakfast? I didn't think this through at all. I could walk to the kitchen. That is when the pain goes away. If the pain goes away. God I hope it does. Otherwise I think i might die here. All my prayers were answered when Professor Sprout came in.

"How are you feeling Harry?" Honesty is key.

"Worse than before."

"Severus gave me one of his own pain relief potions for you.." She held it out for me to grab. I'm kind of upset that she told him. But it can't be helped. At the back of my mind I knew the whole staff would know.

"I can't move. It hurts too much."

She sets the vial down on the nightstand and slowly flips me onto my back. She then elevates my head using two pillows.

"How's that?"

"It's great, thank you." She nods and tells me to relax my jaw. And she pours the potion in. Not gonna lie. It hurt to swallow. And that potion was disgusting. I hope I never have to drink something so vile again.

"Sorry I should have warned about the taste."

"It's fine, now that I know what it tastes like. I know what to expect should I need another one." She chuckles lightly.

"Today I'll be having a chat with the headmaster and other teachers about the attack. You might need to be there. Though i hope it won't come to that." You and me both.

"I also have to find someone to get your work for today."

"Blaise might do it." If Blaise does I'll be able to talk to him since I couldn't yesterday.

"And we could even study together." She smiles knowingly at me.

"I don't know Harry. I was just going to have one of the older years do it for you."

"Oh well that's fine too. Thank you for everything."

"Nonsense, you're one of my badgers practically family." I think i might cry again. You would think all my tears had run dry by now.

"How will I get breakfast?"

"Lilac." I raised one of my brows in a questions manner. And then with a crack a house elf appeared.

"Lilac is here to serve Ms.Pomona."

"Lilac you'll be serving Harry today." The small elf turned and bowed to me.

"It is Lilacs pleasure to serve the great Harry Potter." The great? I couldn't be more annoyed about all this Savior of the wizarding world. So far it's just ruining my life.

"Harry is fine Lilac."

"Lilac you will be getting Harry's food for the day and bringing it here. Can you get him a full breakfast.."

"Would Ms.Pomona like anything? Lilac know you have yet to eat." Professor nods.

"A bowl of oatmeal will be all." She nods and disappears.

"Looks like I'm eating here again. Hope you don't mind Harry." Mind? I'm so grateful for this woman words can't describe.And how am I just now noticing the table is still here.

"Of course not! Thank you." She smiles sweetly.

"Lilac has returned." She then begins to set the table.

"Will you be able to eat Harry?"

"Yes, I am feeling much better after that disgusting potion." She gave a skeptical look.

"Truly. Watch." I slowly push myself up onto my elbows. Yes I'm feeling better but I don't want to make any sudden movements. She nods approvingly.

"That is all Lilac. Please do remember to bring Harry his lunch at the appropriate time."

"Lilac would not." And with that the small elf left.

"If you're feeling so well why don't you come join me, Harry?" I know exactly what she's doing. Fine, I'll play her game. I know I said no sudden movement but. I couldn't help myself. I threw my legs over the bed and walked confidently to the table. Then I fell.

"Oh my god Harry!" Sprout sprung from her chair so fast it hit the floor.

"I'm fine Professor. Just got a bit too confident."

"Do you need help?" Do I? No, I can do something as little as this on my own.

"No I'm good." She still looked extremely worried.

I don't think I can walk though. At least not right now. I'll just crawl. And thats what I did. She gave me a weird look. It was worry laced with confusion and amusement. When I reached the chair I hoisted myself up onto it. My breakfast consisted of bacon, sausages, eggs, black pudding, baked beans, tomatoes and mushrooms, toast, and pumpkin juice.

"Quite the technique Harry." She laughed. "If you needed help you should have just told me."

"No, I needed to do it myself. I've taken advantage of your kindness enough."

"Silly boy." Then we ate our food in light conversation. When it was time for her to leave she caught me off guard and levitated me back into bed. She was even nice enough to give me the work that I already had and told me to do it in bed.

Her exact words were "Just because you have the day off doesn't mean you can slack off all day.". To which I laughed. What a great way to start the day.