25

Harry's POV

I worry Uncle Vernon will not let me stay. I've written to them asking but haven't received a letter back. Thanksgiving is one week away and I really want to stay. The food is great and so is the company, but that's only Blaise. Here I don't cook, I don't clean and it's very refreshing. I've been relishing in the peace. The peace that could end if I'm sent back.

Then again it isn't really peaceful at all. I'm constantly on guard around Gryffindors. It's like they're everywhere.And on top of that. Everyone is still avoiding me. I'm getting so annoyed with everything and everyone. Except Blaise. We've been hanging out almost daily.

And everyone is starting to mess with him about it. We talked about, okay it was more like an argument. And I was very surprised though I think it made us closer.

Flashback

"Blasie, we should talk." I close his dorm room door and head over to my bed. The castle had kept a copy of both our beds in each other's rooms. Nightstands too.

"Okay, What is it?" I take a deep breath.

"Maybe we should start spending less time together." I definitely should have worded that differently. His face said a lot of things before settling on one emotion. Anger.

"And why is that Harry?" His tone was almost empty. I'm in danger.

"Well i-it's just, t-that people are starting to mess with you. M-Maybe it's-" I stop talking as I hear him sigh. He looks at me through narrow eyes. I repeat. I'm in danger.

"How many times- Harry I'm fine!" he said exasperated.

"But what if-"

"Harry I'm fine. They're not messing with me." I could tell he was tired of this. We've had conversations like this before. Each a little more tense than the last. This is the climax.

"I just don't want what happened to me to happen to you!"

"Open your eyes Harry! Nothings going to happen to me!"

"But your friends Blaise! They aren't speaking with you because of me! Aren't you upset? Don't you want to stop hanging out with me?!"

"You're our friend too you idiot! We want to spend time with you, don't you see that?! I heard a second voice. It seemed familiar. So close yet so far at the same time. Seeing him in that state. It made me wonder. How many times has this happened?

We sat in a tense silence. It was almost awkward.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you mad." He sighs.

"I'm not mad. I just really hate it when you think I don't want to be with you because of other people's views. I'd rather spend my time with you then those fakes. And its just you keep making it seem like you don't want me around."

"Blaise I don't know how I would have made it this far without you. In all this madness you're the only one that hasn't turned on me" I stand up to meet him. All we do is stare into each other's eyes. His eyes. I don't think I'll ever get bored of them.

He chuckles lighty and pulls me into a hug.I hug him back. Moments like this I'll cherish forever. We've come so far in so little time. I wonder if we will be like this in the future.

End of Flashback

I want their response but I'm scared of what they'll say. I'm hoping they say yes. But deep down I know the chances are slim. I know they don't love me like a family should so why wouldn't they want me to stay.