Flying Police Cars

Bianca's POV

I kicked a skeleton's knees out as it tried to fire a missile at Grover, "We need to run!"

"Well no shit, Sherlock!" Annabeth yelled as she went at another stab for the skeletons; they wouldn't turn to dust no matter how hard she stabbed. "The pearls, Percy!"

I looked at her incredulously for a moment. Then Percy pulled actual pearls from his pocket. "There's only three."

"I'll stay!" I called out. "Hades can protect me!"

We were being backed into a corner now, "Then I stay too. I'm not leaving my sister behind."

A hellhound bit at Annabeth's right forearm, and she dropped her dagger in pain. The beast jumped on her, pinning her to the ground. She used her other arm to hold it off.

I grabbed her dagger and threw it into a nearby monster. It stuck and started to turn to dust, but didn't stop approaching.

"Go Nico!" Annabeth called from her place on the ground. Me and here were separated from the boys.

They three boys, reluctantly took the pearls and threw them to the ground. A bubble appeared and they began levitating to the roof of the cavern. I sent my brother one last look. I'll be okay.

I ran at the skeleton with the dagger in it and ran up its front, in almost a dropkick. It fell to the ground as I lost my forward momentum and landed on top of it, essentially straddling it. I pulled the dagger out of its ribs and brought it down on its skull, which turned it to dust instantly. I turned quickly, standing, and turned toward The hellhound, who had scratched deeply at Annabeth's left collarbone to just below her right breast.

"STAND DOWN!" My voice rang out above the noise, commandingly.

The hellhound backed off from Annabeth, and whimpered.

"Father! We need to ward off the invaders!"

He glared at The daughter of Athena, "She is against us! Kill her-"

"She is under my protection. I swore to help her, and there still is an enemy god to deal with. You don't want war? Let us go."

He looked back between me and her. "Fine. Go. But if you get yourself killed-"

"I'll stay safe. I promise."

He nodded, before a new wave of monsters broke through Hades guards, overwhelming my father.

Thankfully I had a plan. Or something like that.

"Okay Mythomagic, don't fail me now." I whispered under my breath.

Nico may not have had the statue, but he had researched Hades's stats. 'He has the ability to dodge with Umbrakinesis!' I ran over to Annabeth, grabbing her left hand, 'It's super overpowered, like teleportation!' I lifted her up into my arms, and stared at a particularly dark corner, 'I wish I had that! Like you could go anywhere!'

Like LA?

I could see the bus stop in my mind and sprinted to the shadows. I pictured the shadows consuming us, until it became cold, and the wall didn't stop me.

They welcomed me.

I heard Hades' roar in the distance, and the world shook as I melted into the shadows.

The sun returned, and I took a deep breath. Annabeth was only half conscious, and to be fair, so was I.

If the mortals had seen a girl covered in blood carrying a girl heavily bleeding from her chest, they didn't say anything. I didn't question it.

That is until some girl looked at us yelling for help. She was holding a backpack shrugged over her shoulders, with what looked to be some nice clothing that had been ripped and uncleaned. She was about our age.

I almost laughed.

A police...what was it? Car! Yeah, well a police car pulled up and spoke into something on the dashboard. They climbed out and ran over to us, reassuring us that help was coming, and asking what happened.

Then they looked at the girl.

"Ms. McLean, your father has been worried sick!" The policeman said to her. "Come lets-""She can come in the ambulance with us." I said, "She pretty much saved our lives, Annabeth would want her there." I was really layering it, but I felt bad that we had busted her, and she looked like going back to her father was the worst idea in history.

I could relate.

"Oh, yeah, I could meet Jane there too, it would make your job so much easier." There was something about the way she spoke, it reminded me of something, but I couldn't quite place it. 

Regardless, it worked.

The Ambulance arrived, and they took me and the girl on in the back. We stayed out of the paramedics' way as they put her on a stretcher.

"Thanks," The girl beside me spoke, "I hope having to drive all the way to the hospital pisses Jane off."

I chuckled, "What did this Jane lady do to deserve such a horrible fate?"

She glared at the pavement a moment, in deep thought. "She made my father go away." I held back because she looked as if there was more. "That's not her fault really, it's just my dad's line of work but..."

"You need someone to blame?" She shrugged. "I'm Bianca." I held out my hand.

She took it. "I'm Piper... Piper McLean." she paused as if she was waiting for me to strangle her for telling me her name.

"Nice to meet you Piper. Can I ask why you're around here right now?"

"Was trying to find my way back after the earthquake. You?" Piper asked.

"Well..."

An explosion interrupted me. I saw cars go flying as I hunched down, trying to steady myself. "Was that a police cruiser?" Piper yelled as a car flew through the air.

The other Mortals didn't seem to notice the car that got blasted, only the blast itself, but I filed that info away for later. "Thats a friend of mine." She looked at me like I had lost it (which I probably have). "Can you..."

She noticed how I looked at Annabeth. "I'll stay with her. Just-" Another, less powerful but still noticeable explosion rang out. "-whatever your doing. Stay safe, alright?"

"No problem. Now, Percy," I steadied myself, still shaken from the Umbrakinesis, "Let's see what you've gotten yourself into."

They've been separated! I promise to reunite everyone soon, but its necessary for some parts of the story.

Also, Piper! I wasn't sure if I should add her as a character, but she was one of my faves of the 7 and I figured 'we're in LA, so why not?'.