Morpheus Must Be Having A Field Day

Bianca POV

"Go."

Percy looked up in what I assumed was a startled manner; I hadn't spoken out loud for about 5 hours. Not since Luke.

"To Manhattan. Your mom. Go."

He shook his head. "I'm not going to go hide. I don't care if L- he is dead or whatever. There will be more. I need to deal with Silena, train Nico-" He said it with no room for argument.

I argued anyway, leaning forward from my spot beside the infirmary bed where Percy lay. "There are others that can do those things. It doesn't have to be you."

"I don't care. I can visit my mom occasionally, and help the camp at the same time. I'm staying."

He was stubborn. I respected that. "Okay. But you wait until that shin of yours heals first." I gave him what must have been a grimace, before I stood. "After that, we have work to do."

"Fine, but get some rest soon!" He shouted after me.

I left his side, and made my way to Cabin 5 (I'm too lazy to check if that's the Athena Cabin, I'm just going by memory). I stepped inside. Me and Annabeth had parted ways there, and as far as I knew she hadn't left. After I had dropped her off, I quickly gathered me and Nico's things from Cabin 12 and moved them to the Big House; I knew the children of Hermes wouldn't take well to what I had done. Chiron didn't argue. The Athena kids had stayed out of their cabin for the time being.

I didn't see Annabeth at first, so I checked for a life force. There was none, but I had learned since Luke that I couldn't sense her presence if she was wearing her cap. I looked around, before my vision landed on a certain dagger that was lodged into the wall. I followed the opposite direction from where it was pointing and walked over to a spot of wall, stopping just before hitting it. My index finger chose a spot on the wall, and dragged itself downwards until I was kneeling, as it stopped as I felt a cloth cap. I brushed my thumb over what felt to be her forehead, and took the cap off.

She looked as if she had fallen asleep in exhaustion, her blond curls matted on her forehead and an almost peaceful look on her face. My eyes traced the tear stains on her cheek, and how her forehead was slightly creased, a similar look to the one she would give when she didn't understand some part of Italian when I did. My eyes drifted down her face-

"Luke..." she mumbled as she squirmed in her spot.

She repeated his name again before I grabbed her shoulders and shook lightly. "Annabeth, wake up. Annabeth. You're having a nightmare, it's not real."

Her eyes shot open and she stopped squirming until her eyes met mine. She flinched away from my touch, and I jumped back. I had been closer than I had thought to her. Her eyes looked distressed.

She shook her head. "Sorry, I..."

"There's nothing to apologize for." I said softly. "You were just having a nightmare."

Annabeth was silent for a moment, and she looked away from me to the ground. "It was... You killed Luke." I wanted to say something, but my lips refused to give way. "But he was good in that dream. He wasn't good this time." The cabin went silent again.

"I'm sorry. For all of it. I'm sorry that I lied to you, I'm sorry that I broke your trust, I'm sorry for giving you nightmares, I..." I'm sorry I was jealous of Percy for a little while, because I was. And I don't know what was wrong with me in those moments.

She paused, searching my eyes for something, though I wasn't sure what. Something to hate? Something to trust?

"I should get cleaned up." She stood and left me sitting in the centre of her mothers cabin, wondering how I had fucked up so bad. It was how Nico found me 30 minutes later, staring blankly at a wall. He said nothing, presumably adjusting to the mood I had set, and put her hand out for me to grab.