Quests Are For Amateurs

Nico POV

Reyna stomped up to me, an event that was never the result of anything good. "What did I do to piss your sister off?"

I frowned. Bianca had seemed fine this morning, but of course my dinner had to be interrupted with this crap. Then again, I was sitting outside of the area again, so I'm never interrupted normally. "Nothing I would know, why don't you ask her yourself?"

I knew I was asking for it, but she instead surprised me by answering normally, "I tried... I think it has to do with Annabeth."

Annabeth? Ah yes, send the gay 12 year old boy to deal with the over emotional lesbians.

"I don't know if your sister told you anything, but, well..."

I cocked an eyebrow and said sarcastically, "I'm glad somebody else knows about the drama that has been stirring. But to answer your question, Annabeth is a bit... proud, don't you think?"

"Considering she came to me says a lot though. Annabeth, I mean." I shrugged, noticing she obviously had a theory. "So... Trouble in Paradise most likely."

I paused, then started giggling lightly.

"What?"

"It's just-" I kept chuckling, "-The Child of Hades trying to solve relationships? Aphrodite would have a heart attack."

"We-" She pointed between us dramatically, "-aren't doing anything." She smirked.

Conner looked between us. "My goal is not to get blasted today, you know what I mean?"

"Just, talk to her. Piss her off, anything. She only talks when she's angry okay? I'm her brother, I know these things."

And so Conner went, on his way to the Big House, hopefully to draw out his sister from her cocoon of depression and insecurity. No matter how much she denied it, that is what she did, with rare exception.

After a mere hop, skip, jump into the Big House, Conner came out shrieking as a 14 year old with a sword drawn stood on the deck dramatically. We knew she wouldn't actually hurt him, she was just scaring anyone who wanted to interrupt her off. Still, Will ran after Conner into the forest where they could both escape my sister.

Which made for the perfect opening to an unwelcome invasion from the right. "Bia- hey- hey." She held her sword out at me and Reyna before lowering it slightly. "Can w- ow- ok-" Reyna pinche my leg, "- Can I talk with you?"

She paused in deliberation, before a small "Fine." was heard.

I trailed insidebehind her, followed up to our rooms where it looked like Bianca was packing a bag of sorts. It didn't go unnoticed by me, but I chose to say nothing as I sat on the half furnished bed and she stared out the small window, arms crossed.

"If Percy were to treat me like you didn't exist, like one day he just stops IMing you a weekly update, or he just starts avoiding your presence..." She shook her head, "How would you deal with that."

I frowned, having never thought about it. "Well... It being Percy, I'd probably trail him and ask him what's wrong, because Percy doesn't lie. It's not in his nature. But the question wasn't about Percy, was it?" She stayed silent. "Okay, so hypothetically, If I had a friend who was killed by The Lord of The Dead, then you would spend five years hating that certain god, right? So, maybe, when one starts to develop feelings for the daughter of such a god, then the friend I had basically sworn to avenge came back to life, well... It might fuck with your head a bit."

He could've sworn that Bianca mumbled "Language" under her breath, which was sort of reassuring in a way. It meant she wasn't totally broken.

After a pause, the girl slowly backed away from the window, and sat down next to me. "People are difficult."

"Well, no you just chose the most difficult out of- right, not the time, sorry."

"I was going to run away. I've been planning it for months, you know? And I know the camp needs me, but me chucking myself off a roof wont help them any. Maybe I just need to cool down, remind myself what ou- my goals are."

I sighed. "You can't just leave. As much as I hate it, there is a war going on. Kronos could kill you if you left, you know that."

"He wouldn't kill me, not yet anyway."

She had said it with a distasteful grimace. "What? Look, I don't know-"

"Exactly. You don't know. So stay out of it, because the more you get yourself involved with me, the more fucked you'll be. Although, you could have talked to Annabeth as she clearly knows more about me and who I should be than I do." She stood, grabbed the bag on the way out, and stormed off.

I ran after her, cornering the Daughter of Hades near the attic. "Nico..." I kept rambling on about, about, something, "Nico!"

"What?" I growled.

She pointed at where the entrance to the attic was. I wouldn't have batted an eye, but I then saw green smoke spilling from the depths. "The Oracle..."

Ah, That was what it was. Bianca had been here last April, so she knew what it was. I on the other hand was mystified by it. "Is it-" I looked around nervously, "-Does it normally do that?"

She shook her head, "No, only when... when it is about to spurt a prophecy." We made eye contact, and collectively decided to follow it.

Bianc went first, climbing up the ladder. I followed more sloppily, and nearly fell before she caught me and stood me upright. We took one last glance at each other, and clasped hands before a hissing sound came from the end of the room.

"I am the spirit of Delphi, speaker of the prophecies of Phoebus Apollo, slayer of the mighty Python. Approach, seeker, and ask."

Bianca, being the one who has done this before, spoke up. "What is... our destiny?"

Green smoke curled around us, as the voice began hissing out;

"Forked tongues embolden their enemies pride,

Faith to be put in one who lies,

Ones greatest treasure is to burn them away,

One useless fight that makes them stay,

Branded is the one who cannot look aside,

Brought is the corpse of one who died."

The smoke slinked away, leaving me and my sister standing beside each other in disbelief.

The girl turned first, grabbing her brother's shoulder and guiding him out. We closed the attic slowly behind ourselves. "We- we need to talk to Chiron."

"No."

That stalled me. "...What?"

"If we tell Chiron, he'll just send us on an aimless quest like he did with Luke. We can't change destiny, but we can warp it into what we want." I tried to interrupt, but- "The only reason we fight for the gods is because friends do. It's a cycle. We can break it."

I stopped for a moment, because what she said was true. The gods certainly were not good, but we need them to fight the Titans.

...Right?

How long had Bianca been thinking about this. A while, no doubt. Maybe that why she wanted to run away?

I nodded. "Okay. Okay. But we need to bring someone else. To balance us out." She frowned, but went along, probably realizing I was right. We needed to bring a third person for defense, as to not be overwhelmed.

But who to trust...Someone powerful, someone who would be willing to oppose the camp like this... "If I may?" Bianca said like she was already taking back what she said before she even said it,

"Thalia Grace."

I'm gonna be honest, It took me while to brainstorm a plot for this ACT, but I FINALLY have one, sorry it took me so long haha.

And yes, the prophecy is dark and it's vague. That is because I need wiggle room in case I come up with something better. Forgive me. Have a good day!