Comfort? Never Heard Of Her

Bianca POV

I stumbled out of the shadows; The Hospital to The Underworld was quite a far distance.

"Bianca?" I heard Hades say.

I grit my teeth. "Dad." My voice sounded strained while calling him that.

He looked the same, but his throne room? It was far from perfect. I saw that there were many new skeleton guards, having been recently replaced. The throne room looked to be in shambles, and golden dust decorated the floor.

"This will be cleaned soon, don't you worry." Hades said.

"I'm not staying."

He frowned. "But why come here then?"

I knew I was supposed to be here getting myself to New York. "Why were we in that hotel?"

He hesitated, "I-"

"Can't tell me?" I sighed. "My mom?"

He paused again, "She was killed in the war."

"What war?"

He gained a look that I could've sworn made him 10 years older. "There was a... big war going on while you were young."

I asked almost fearfully, "Who was in it?"

"Everyone." He looked at me, and I knew he didn't want me to know, that he still saw me as his 12-year old daughter who didn't deserve to know about war. I sent him a look, telling him I could handle more. "It was the deadliest war in human history."

I felt my eyes widen. "Is that why you hid us?"

"Yes."

I paused. It was too simple. If anything, I would expect him to make us fight in the war. "Did demigods fight in it too?"

"Yes."

"Were..." I paused, thinking how to word my question, "Did I have any siblings?"

He sighed. "A few. Most notably, Adolf. But you have another reason for being here, don't you?"

I nodded, realizing I wasn't going to get anything else out of him. "I need to get to Long Island. You know where."

He pursed his lips. "I will send you there. But be careful. I have brought you a hero's fate." a hero's fate is nothing but tragic. I had heard that somewhere, although I couldn't place it. "You should be off."

I stood straight, pretending that the aftereffect of shadow travel (That term Piper had used was much less wordy; I liked it) wouldn't bother me. "Thank you, Lord."

He waved his hand, and I felt the darkness wrap around me. It wouldn't take me all the way, though, so I gave it a bit of my power.

"Woah, that girl just teleported!" I heard a voice say. I looked around from my place on the grass to see the boy who had spoken stand with someone who looked to be his identical twin.

A crowd began forming, and I saw two people pushing their way to the front. "Bianca?"

I tried to walk forward to meet Annabeth, but I felt my knees give out. Piper and her ran forward to catch me. "Alrighty, that's too much power for me today." I slurred. Then I passed out.

I awoke to the sight of a white room. I felt two others sitting beside my bed. I summoned as much strength as I could, and turned my head to see Piper asleep on a chair beside the bed. I looked at the floor, where Annabeth sat, her back leant against the bed. A blue cap was set on her lap, and she was still wearing the same waterland shirt she had been when we met. She was still covered in dirt from the Underworld; she hadn't left me since I passed out.