Planes: 1/10 Experience

Percy POV

Nico squinted at the roof of the elevator. "This song sounds familiar."

"It's probably so outdated that you recognise it from the 1940's" I responded, and Grover nodded his assent. The music really was awful.

We had flown a plane all the way to New York before hailing a taxi. (1/10 experience, would not recommend for demigods other than children of Zeus) I vaguely remembered Annabeth talking about how she had visited Olympus on the winter solstice, and it being on the 600th floor of the empire state; believe it or not, I actually recalled that quite easily. Probably ADHD acting up.

Nico had sent a chill through the air, allowing us to all take the trip to Olympus. Poor desk-man.

I checked the time on the wall of the elevator; 8:30. We had made good time considering we had met the Di Angelos only this morning. Wow. That was an eventful day.

The elevator finally dinged open, opening to a jaw dropping sight.

I mean that literally. Me and Nico's mouths fell open in shock.

Because there was the peak of a mountain sitting, no, floating, over Manhattan. It had a winding path up to the tip, surrounded with nymphs and minor gods, each in their own condos. There was no one around, however, on what I figured were normally crowded streets. A grim feeling was floating in the air, coating me similar to the feeling I had felt on the beach.

Not as bad, though. I guess there was a difference between gods and... whatever was on that beach.

On the peak, the clouds were stormy surrounding a large door. We began sprinting up the path; the meeting would be starting soon. We arrived out of breath, and walked through the door.

In the throne room there was a semicircle of chairs made for gods. At the moment, only 2 were filled; one god on a grand and solid gold throne in the centre of the crescent. Another, to his left, was a god on what seemed to be a seat to might see on a fishing yacht. He was wearing a tropical button up, and resembled someone (I couldn't quite place it)

"Lord Zeus!" Nico gasped at the man in the centre. Zeus looked away from his heated discussion to the boy who had called his name.

"Who dares-"

"I come bearing your Master Bolt, uncle."

Zeus stared at me in shock, then gave a smug look to the man beside him. "Have you come to admit your crimes, then?"

"No." Zeus looked as if he wanted to interrupt but the god on the left intervened.

"Let my son speak."

Zeus sent a glare at Poseidon that made my hair stand on end. "You admit to him being your child? You admit to breaking our sacred oath?"

"I have admitted my wrongdoing. Now let the boy who collected your request speak."

Wrongdoing.

"I've spared him long enough. A child of yours in my domain?" He scoffed, "I should have blasted him out of the sky."

"And risk your Master Bolt? Let him speak."

I realized everyone was looking at me expectantly. I averted my eyes from my fathers, even though I could feel it calling to me.

I'd seen how parentage had worked out for the children of Hades.

"The bolt was not stolen because of my father. It was Ares"

The gods looked at me in shock. "You make very shocking accusations, godling." Zeus snarled.

"They're all true." The two gods hesitated, then waved me on. I explained most of the quest, excluding the bit about Nico and Bianca. I figured we should save them for later. I said instead that they had helped us to find Grover and left with us after we had discovered they were demigods.