The Gay Stuff (I Can't Write Slowburn)

Annabeth POV

It was a blur until that night in August.

We got back to camp with the help of Nico and Bianca collectively. We placed the Fleece on the tree, and watched as it began it's steady regrowth. The borders began to heal, but the 'demiguard' was kept up, that is, until we found a suitable guard.

I remembered people asking who Reyna was, and we explained that she was a demigod we had found on our way there. She was holed up in the Hermes cabin, against Chrion's wishes; he, for some reason, wanted her to stay in the big house. He seemed nervous about her. But Piper argued that they would stay together, and he relented.

The camp rebuilt itself. I don't think anyone failed to notice how a few campers were nowhere to be found.

Everything was pretty self explanatory, Things went back to normal, or as normal as they could be knowing that there was a war at hand. That Kronos is trying to return...

The talk with Hermes certainly gained me an enemy. But what was I gonna do? He's the one who ruined his relationship with his son.

Bianca, she gained a sort of respect, similar to the one Percy had gained last summer. Regardless of this, I avoided her. Why? I wasn't sure, and that was the problem.

She and her brother weren't feared too much anymore. Not after they saved the camp. It was funny, how you had to prove what side you were on, before anyone could trust you. Why didn't anyone fight for themselves?

The gods?

The titans?

Why was that the choice?

Maybe it was resentment. Revenge. Because it sure as Hades wasn't because the gods were good. The gods were never good. The titans were never good.

So why do we fight with either of them?

Thinking this way would get me killed. But I'm a Daughter of Athena, okay? Cut me some slack.

Anyway, I couldn't help but think back to my own distressed words.

'You are fighting against omnipotent, all powerful beings with another era of omnipotent, all powerful beings! Nothing will change! It will just be the same cycle, over and over.'

I am fighting for the omnipotent, all powerful being against another era of omnipotent, all powerful beings.

That was a whole new level of what the fuck.

Ha! I wasn't even sure why I started this thought process. What was I gonna do about it? Rebel against each and every immortal being? Alone?

"Are you okay, Ann?"

I looked up in alarm. I had been sitting in a darker part of the forest, not visible to anyone because the shadows covered me. Stupidly, I had completely forgotten that Bianca could pretty much embody the shadows. Even at 2 am.

"Ann?"

Oh, right. "I'm... fine."

She put her hand on my shoulder, making me jump slightly. She blended in perfectly, making her blind to me. I found it slightly annoying; one of the benefits of having conversations with her was that I could see her. She was nice to look at.

That is because... Because. Don't question me, I am Annabeth Chase.

Still pissed off about the blind thing.

She chuckled. "You don't sound fine. And you've been avoiding any human contact instead of taking the whole 'second quest in my life' thing in stride." She had a point. I was great with the whole being famous thing, but not with the attention. Double edged sword.