The Caribbean Is My New Hell

Bianca POV

"Uh... Guys?" Piper called down from her place by the control panel.

I stood and made my way up the stairs with Annabeth in tow. "I swear to gods if that girl-"

I nudged her from the front. "Have a little faith, Piper's smart." I was uneasy as well, but I knew Piper had made an oath, so we couldn't complain. I walked into where the two girls were peering into the distance. "What is it?"

She turned to us, "Are we in the Caribbean?" She pointed at one island in front of the ship. It was similar to many of the islands we had steered clear of, except that it wasn't nearly as scary. It looked like some kind of tropical paradise. The only thing that marred it was a huge rope bridge over what I assumed was a deep chasm.

I took a deep breath in, and the feeling of pureness washed over me. "The Golden Fleece."

Reyna paused, then looked at us confusedly. "Why are you guys out here? In this Sea, I mean."

Annabeth looked sceptical. "Why should we tell you?"

The handmaiden glared at her, and I had to admit it was a pretty damn scary one, and retorted, "I brought you all here. If you were just gonna use me then tie me up, you should have left me with my sister."

Piper surged forward, "Maybe she's right. She deserves-"

"How do you know what she deserves? It's not like you're the leader of this quest!"

I sighed. "Thank you, Piper, for dragging me into this aimless argument of yours. It's an honor." They both glared at me. At least they had some common ground now; hating me. "Well seeing as Annabeth is acting a teensy bit hypocritical-"

She rolled her eyes, "How is it that I'm being a hypocrite, Bianca?" The blond crossed her arms over her chest and looked at me pointedly. It honestly would have been pretty cute if she was mad at someone else.

I shook my head internally. "You saved me last year."

"I suspected you were part of the prophecy, and I was right!" She said confidently. Again, cute.

I glared harder, although it was directed more at myself than her, "And I suspect that she is part of the prophecy."

Reyna finally spoke up, "What?"

"Nature's call from lands uncharted,

A past foes friend to be outsmarted.

Criminals mind left with no mend,

A destined enemy to become a friend.

Crushed hopes seen by all,

Return to overtake your fated fall." I repeated for the second time this week. Or day. Or... I dunno, just don't question it. "A destined enemy to become a friend? That sounds pretty spot on in this context."

I could tell it pissed Annabeth off, but she waved me off and made her way downstairs.

We all gathered out things, Piper taking one of the various normal daggers I packed for the trip, Reyna taking another. It was putting faith in the girl, but I had enough to make the choice. We gathered our weapons, a couple flares from the ship, a fresh set of clothes (We assumed they were from the family that was on here last, which was quite depressing so we didn't elaborate on it), and joined arms. Piper explained to Reyna the whole 'shadow travel' concept, so she was ready.

We decided to appear right before the bridge, so as to not alert whatever might be here to our presence. I looked up across the hill and sawit, hanging from a tree; The Golden Fleece. It was nearly glowing sitting in the field, which was filled with giant sheep. "It can't be that e- ea- easoh this is not good." An elk wandered in the field and was quickly torn down by the sheep.