Dead. Killed. Lost. Whatever.

Percy POV

Twenty minutes previously

I was minding my own business, fiddling with Riptide in my bed.

I twisted it around my fingers. That was the nice thing about having a pen that you could never lose; you always had a plaything for when you were bored.

Not daring to open it, I placed it beside me on my nightstand. Determination was the only thing driving me to put it away.

Get to sleep. That's the plan.

There were bags under my eyes, and the sun was still up, but I didn't care. I needed sleep. Even Nico saw it. Not that the guy could acknowledge it without acknowledging that he too was sleep deprived.

Two attacks. In one day. Stupid monsters.

Annabeth was probably dead. Killed. Lost. Whatever.

Piper was probably dead. Killed. Lost. Whatever.

Bianca... wasn't dead.

No matter how much was against him, Nico said he sensed her life force. Awfully convenient that he could feel hers and not Annabeths or Pipers, but that was me just being Narcissistic. It was his sister, after all.

I had my eyes closed, but my body wasn't tired. Should have talked to the Dionysus cabin, they probably had sleeping pills.

Sleep.

I need sleep.

Sighes rang out in Cabin 3. No sleep for me.

The door burst open, sunlight seeping inside as the shadow of a young boy stood in the doorway. "I was just getting to sleep." I had been making no progress with sleep, but Nico didn't need to know that.

"It's waning."

I looked up confusedly. "What?"

"Her life force." I didn't need to ask to know who he was talking about. "She's not... dead yet. B- but-"

I quickly ran up to him and engulfed him in a hug. I didn't need sleep.

I quickly put on a suitable shirt (Nico seemed to only now realized I was topless and blushed heavily) and grabbed Riptide off the nightstand. "We need to find them."

He scoffed, a lone tear running down his cheek. "And how do you plan on doing that?"

I tossed him one of my shirts, and he reluctantly changed out of his pajamas. "Miami. I had this weird dream a couple weeks ago-"

"You didn't tell me?" He sounded offended.

"I didn't want you to worry. But the dream was on a ship, and your sister was there. She looked older, anywhere between 14 to 17, she would be around the same height I think, so It's debatable." I explained as we got ready. I knew from a joke Nico had made some time ago that Italian's weren't particularly tall, so she would probably never be taller than about 5' 5. "I was older too. But that's not the point. The point-" His voice sounded like a madmans; my voice. Not him. This was me. "Is that they are- more likely than not- in Miami."

At this point I had prepared myself with my backpack. My pre-made backpack.

May or may not have been planning this for weeks.

I held out my hand. "I need you."

"As a tool?"

I shook my head, and said sincerely, "As a friend."

He paused, rubbing his hand against his opposite forearm nervously. Then, as if he didn't want to second guess himself, he took my hand and I felt a shot of cold wash over my face.