|37| Meeting the Father

"Rui," you say while you were trying to catch your breath.

"Yeah?" a girl with mid long hair that's tied up into a pony tail say as she looks at you.

"We need a point to win. I'll get the ball to you but you need to trust me and stay up front and wait for the ball. I'll get it to you," you tell her.

"What? How? You play defence," she reminds you.

"There's a reason I don't play center or striker. Trust me," you tell her and she nods.

"Alright," she says and then you both run to your positions in the soccer field.

The score has stayed 0 - 0. No one scored because Aoba Johsai has a great defence, thanks to you, but the team you were going up against has great possession over the ball but they couldn't get passed you and that pissed them off but it tired you out.

You're exhausted of running because those other girls were fast and you needed to be fast to catch them and get the ball. And you can feel a little pain in your ankle which isn't good but as well in your ribs. Your stomach hurts from running to much and your throat feels dry. 

All these sports you have been doing is doing something to your injured ankle. You came home needing to put ice on it.

Come on... Please, just a little longer, you beg your ankle as you ran after a girl who has the ball. You get in front of her and she tries to get passed you but it wasn't easy as you were trying to get the ball from her. 

She tries doing a little trick which you saw and quickly reacted and that's when you took the ball from her. You look at Yui and when you both made eye contact, she ran. You did too with the ball to get a good start while the girl chases after you to get the ball and there's another running towards you as well.

You then kick the ball as hard to you can but two things happened. One, the ball went up and far and luckily towards Yui. She got it and then scored which got the girls in your team cheering for the point but the other thing was that one girl, when she tried getting the ball from you, she accidentally kicked your ankle after you hit the ball.

You bit your lip to stop you from screaming as you fall on a knee as you wanted to be strong, "Crap, I'm so sorry," the girl says as she puts her hand out to help you.

"It's okay," you tell her with a force smile and tone as you wanted to sound like you were okay but you were in so much pain. You take her hand and she helps you up, "Thank you," you tell her with a smile.

"No problem, and again, I'm sorry about that, you okay?" she ask and you nod, "Great and also, nice kick. You're a good player," she compliments with a smile and then goes back to her team. You take a step which made you want to scream but you held it in and kept moving as you need to continue plying as the game is not over but it will be soon.

Just a few more minutes.

The game starts once again and you tried to run but it was painful that you wanted to cry but you kept going. You played, you ran and just kept going even though you know that you shouldn't as you're just making it worst but then the referee blows the whistle, ending the game.

Aoba Josai wins the female soccer game.

Everyone shake hands and say good game and then head to their own teams. The coach congratulates the girls but they gave the credit to you for getting the ball that far. The coach then decides to comment saying how you really are your father's daughter which made you anxious as now the team is being dependent on you.

Everyone then heads homes as their parents were there to take them. The coach ask you if either of your parents will pick you up but you told him you would take the bus home.