|12| You're Different

"Damn... that's five now," Yuna mumbles to herself as she looks at the score board. 17 to 16. Kiko's team were in the lead now, all because those serves you gave were not an easy thing to receive.

Yuna looks back at you and sees you getting ready to do another jump serve. She was in the back and getting ready to run to the front, to the setter position. You serve the ball but what was different about this one was that she made direct eye contact with you and her body just froze.

You gave her a smile and then you hit the ball. She saw the ball coming her way and she was getting ready to receive because she didn't care anymore but the ball suddenly stops and fall.

A float serve...! Yuna says as she forces herself to get the ball and she did. However, it went to the other side. Yuna got a little annoyed. She quickly gets up and head to the setter's position.

"Alex!" Kiko yells as she receives the ball.

"Right," Alex says getting ready to set it to one of the first-year girls.

"Alex," you say getting her attention. She looks at you and you point up as you were asking for a set and you wanted the ball high up. Alex nods as she understood and sets the ball to the back but this one was a little tricky as it wasn't a back attack from the middle but from the side.

Alex has never set the ball towards that direction before so she's scare she might set it wrong. The first year that's in front of you looks behind as she was following the ball but when she saw you, she knew the ball is yours. 

Everyone does.

You took a few steps and jump. You hit the ball but what surprised everyone was that the ball didn't go straight down to the other side. You did a cross shot from the back which was very impressive. No one was able to receive it, earning Kiko's team another point.

You look at your hand and saw how red it was as it's been a long time since you hit a volleyball like that. You didn't know if this was a feeling you miss or a feeling you hate. But what you do know is that you can feel your heart beating really quickly.

"Hell yeah!" Jia-Li screams and you look at her to see her smiling brightly. You brother did as well and every time you won a point, he would silently cheer. You look at your siblings and giggle as it has been a long time that you have seen them cheer for you from the audience section.

You get the ball once again and you bounce it on the ground before serving it. You serve it a little softer as your palm is starting to hurt a little. And because of that, they were able to receive it.

"Don't mind! No one can win a set with just serves. It was bound to happen, we just have to keep the ball in play!" Kiko yells and everyone keep a smile on their faces, getting ready to receive.

You watch the twins run as Yuna was going to set the ball at any second now. You were ready for on of the twins and so was Kiko. You notice how Kiko and Jen make eye contact and then Jen quickly gave the blockers the instructions.

You were amazed how they were able to communicate without even talking. Just an eye contact was enough. Jen and another blocker went to a side, in front of you, ready to block one of the twins while Alex was going to try to block the other twin.

Kiko was going to get ready to receive and so were you but next thing you everyone knew, Yuna does a setter dunk, earning her team a point. Now the score is back to a tie, 17 to 17. "Finally," Yuna says while her teammates praise her.

"Don't mind. We'll get the next one," Alex says to everyone.

The game continues but the other teams serves this time. Your sister who was watching the game received a text which she shows to your brother. He nods while he leaves to do something. Your brother watches you take a deep breath and getting ready to receive but it wasn't until now that he notices something.