she comes home from tour

She quietly dragged her suitcase in behind her as she walked through the door.

The time was after one am and she knows you're sound asleep in bed. Despite how much fun she's had on tour with the girls for the last several weeks, she has to admit that she's more than excited to crawl into the comfort of her own bed and cuddle you close.

You weren't supposed to be apart this long.
Originally, you planned to pay her a visit. But things came up with your own job and you weren't ever able to make it out.

It was a sad time, you shed a few tears over FaceTime. But it wouldn't be forever until she came home and you both kept trying to tell yourselves that.

And now, almost two and a half months later, she's finally home. With unforeseen circumstances, the last show had to be rescheduled. It was sad for the girls like it was the fans, but it also meant that they got to come home early and Minnie was surely enthused about that when it meant getting to see you sooner than anticipated.

It didn't surprise her to find the house pitch-black and silent. You were curled up in bed, where you were meant to be at this hour.

Minnie tried her hardest to be quiet so she wouldn't wake you and ruin the surprise, but it was much easier said than done with her so antsy to get upstairs and into the comfort of the warm bed with you.

She took off her shoes and dropped her bags onto the floor. There was a light thud as it dropped to the ground and she froze momentarily, waiting to see if she'd hear you call out for anyone there or to hear your footsteps on the stairs. But it stayed quiet, not so much as the creak of a floorboard under your feet.

So she took the stairs quickly, but quietly, and crept down the hall to your shared room. The door was open only a crack so she opened it the rest of the way and peeked inside. The only light in the room was that of the moon coming through the window, but it was enough to let her see your face.

Her heart began to leap in her chest, racing from the excitement and happiness she felt. She was really home. Home to you, where she can finally hold you again and be held, as she desired from the moment she left.

You were sleeping on her side of the bed in her shirt. Your face was buried in the pillow, the blanket pulled to your shoulders. You looked so cuddly and she didn't waste another second in climbing into bed with you.

The mattress dipped beneath her as she got in and it made you stir.

When you first turned to face her you looked drowsy and confused. At first, you thought you were dreaming. So you reached out to touch her, gripping her hand in yours loosely, only to feel her intertwine your fingers with yours and squeeze it.

"Minnie? You're really here?"

"I'm here," she smiled. "Surprise! Miss me?"

You pushed the blankets away and threw yourself into her arms. She laughed happily, the sound and the feeling of her arms wrapped around you bringing you immense and indescribable joy.

"I've missed you!" She whispered in your ear as she squeezed you tight. "I'm so happy to be home."

"I'm happy you're home, Minnie."

You dropped your forehead onto hers and stole a couple of quick and sweet kisses from her lips.

"Are you tired? I know you had a long flight. Are you jetlagged at all?"

She shook her head and stole another kiss and this time it was more passionate and lingered longer than the ones before.

"No. I'm wide awake. Sleep isn't as important to me right now as you are. Are you sleepy?"

"No. I slept a few hours before you came so I'm perfectly fine."

She smiled that breathtaking smile of hers at you before she brought the blanket over the both of you. She made sure you were warm and secure, unaware that in her arms, you felt warmer and more secure than you have from the night she left.

She tangled your legs together and kept your hands intertwined as she told you stories about the fun times she had on tour with the girls, talking to you about meeting fans and performing and how she had the time of her life.

You fell asleep with your head on her chest and her voice in your ear. Your silence made her stare down at you not much later, her heart melting at the precious sight of you sleeping on her chest; something she's waited so long to see.

"Goodnight, y/n," she whispered as she kissed the top of your head. "It's so good to be home."