you fall asleep on her lap

"You did great tonight!" You told Minnie as she sat down beside you on the couch, the towel running through her wet hair before she tossed it aside and pulled you close.

You could hear some commotion outside the dressing room. The girls were off changing and cleaning up after their long but incredible show. Minnie had hurried to get to you quicker, wanting these moments with you after being apart for so long.

"Thank you," she smiled. "I love being on stage, but I love it, even more, knowing you're always cheering me on."

"Always." You spoke before kissing her cheek.

She wasn't the only one that had a long day. You'd done a lot of traveling to get here to her, although it was all very much worth it. It was all starting to catch up to you now though. A yawn escaped from your lips, causing Minnie to frown.

"Sleepy, baby?" She asked sweetly and started to rub your back. "It's okay if you are. We both had busy days."

You had originally placed your head on her shoulder, but let it fall to her lap now instead. It was comfortable and it allowed her to comb her fingers through your hair and play with it as she pleased. You didn't mind one bit. It brought you comfort and you missed her touch.

"I'm happy you're here. I really missed you."

"Same here. It never really feels like home when you're not there." You started to say, your eyes slipping shut. "I've found out, the more I visit you on tour, that home is anywhere and everywhere that I am with you. Everything feels brighter now."

Her smile hadn't ever been so big or so bright. She leaned down to kiss your forehead, her lips lingering for a moment. You opened your eyes into hers and she kissed your lips, letting them brush softly against your own for a few seconds before pulling away with a smile.

"I feel the same way, baby." She whispered and watched your eyes close once more. "I love you lots. Now close your eyes. We still have a little while before we have to go, so I'll let you get a little rest until then."

You nodded your head slowly and felt yourself drifting off to sleep as she played with your hair and sang your favorite song quietly in your ear. As you drifted off into a peaceful slumber, you left Minnie smiling from ear to ear and gazing down at you adoringly.

She heard giggles and footsteps approaching and the girls soon stood in the doorway. She placed her index finger to her lips, silently telling them to be quiet.

They just nodded and sent her a smile, cooing to themselves as they left the room again and watched Minnie stare back down at you with stars in her eyes, knowing she was even happier than she's been these last few weeks now that she's got you with her again.