reacting to wife (requested)

"We're so proud of this one." Minnie smiled as she pulled you onto her lap. "We just finished the song today but I couldn't wait to share it with you so you're the first to hear it aside from the five of us."

"I can't wait to hear it." You excitedly said as she pressed play on her phone.

The intro began before Soyeon's voice came on.

It caught you by surprise from the very word but it was very infectious, each lyric already getting stuck in your head.

You weren't at all surprised to hear them singing and rapping about a topic that's been so heavily spoken about lately as they tend to tackle that in their music quite often.

The lyrics were very catchy and it didn't take you long to get the message behind it, which only made you enjoy it more.

And the second you heard Minnie's voice, your heart started to flutter.

It wasn't a very long part and perhaps you were a little biased for it but it was your favorite part of the song for sure.

You smiled as you leaned your head against her shoulder as she pulled you closer while you listened to the song together and, unsurprisingly, you quietly began to sing along to a couple of lines since each lyric was stuck in your head.

"It's not very long." She said as the song came to an end not long after it first started. "But I think it's perfect. It's one of my favorites we've ever done. What do you think?"

"I think Soyeon is a genius." You said and she laughed before nodding in agreement. "Also, I love it. So much. It doesn't matter that it's shorter than other songs you've worked on together. It's quality, not quantity. And, trust me, baby, this song is very high quality. It's incredible."

Her heart fluttered as her lips tugged into an even bigger and brighter smile.

"I think it's very empowering and a lot of people are going to adore this one."

"I hope so. Some people might get caught up in the lyrics a little bit but I hope they don't dig too deep and forget about the meaning altogether. It needs to be talked about." She said as she squeezed you a little tighter.

"Knowing your fans, trust me, they won't." You assured before kissing her lips softly.

"Now, should I tell you about the video?" She asked with a smirk. "Because we're working on that too and I think it's going to be so fun."

"Yes!" You excitedly said. "But before you do that... can you play it again? It's already stuck in my head and I need to hear it again."

"Absolutely." She grinned before the song started over again.

You and Minnie sang along to it, both of you getting caught up in the fun song and the empowering message behind it.

You know it's going to end up meaning a lot to a ton of people the day it's released and you couldn't be prouder of your girlfriend and best friends.