Chapter 13

Louis didn’t reply to his messages despite having read each and every one of them. He let Sunday go by so as not to disturb him because he would still see him at school on Monday.

Harry felt terrible that he hadn't realised that things were happening to him with Louis. He did not know how to feel about it, because logically, he did not feel the same, I mean, he was always clear that what they had was purely and exclusively sex, nothing more than that. The fault was also his for saying "I love you" in the middle of sex, but it just happened, it was the fever of the moment, he couldn't help it.

He didn't want to lose him, and as much as he wanted to continue having sex with him, he knew perfectly well that this had to end for the sake of their friendship.

“Did you say ‘I love you’ ?!” Liam patted his forehead hard. "No, no, Louis. And what did he answered you?”

Louis felt scolded and looked down. "He didn't say anything to me, but I understood perfectly well that he doesn't feel the same way. I don't know why you challenge me, when you told me I had a chance!” He crossed his arms, rolling his eyes.

“Yes, but what did I tell you later? I gave you directions on how to deal with him. What did I tell you?”

"You told me to go slowly, and not to jump unless I see signs that the same thing was happening to him," he repeated the words his friend had said a few days ago, rolling his eyes.

“Exactly. I told you that Harry is stubborn and he may not have realised yet that ...”

“What?”

That he loves you the same way, too, Liam thought, but didn't say it out loud, knowing it would hurt him and create more delusions.

"Listen, Lou. Leave it to me, I'll see that I can find out and-“

"No, Li. Leave it like that, it doesn't matter. I ... started seeing Mia, Niall's cousin, and ... she's cute,” he said, not entirely convinced. "Maybe ... maybe I can try it with her. She's a good girl after all.”

Liam pressed his lips together hard, nodding. At the end of the day he couldn't judge him for trying to pull out a nail with another nail, because he was doing exactly the same thing.

"Payno ... who is ... who is the girl you-hm?"

Liam looked down at his clasped hands. He stroked the Z he had tattooed in the exact same place where Zayn had a L tattoo a few months ago. Both got complementary tattoos when they had two years of boyfriends, the first of many others that they had planned to continue doing.

“Is my girlfriend. Her name is Maddison”

Louis frowned instantly. ”Liam, really? Your girlfriend?!” Liam shrugged, reaching for his cigarettes to light one and calm his nerves, but Louis stopped him. “No, give me that." He took the cigarettes from him. "You always light one when I ask you something serious. Face this without the help of this shit, tell me! What about Zayn now?”

Liam snorted loudly, rubbing his temples. "I n-no ... uh-Zayn, I don't know."

“You're so stupid." Louis threw the pack of cigarettes at him and stood up. They were in the school garden and it was time for a new class.