Chapter 16

Louis approached smiling and hugged him tightly. Harry had not yet processed too many words, and that was why he halfheartedly reciprocated. Last time?

“Wait, Lou” he wanted to break the hug, but Louis drew him back.

“No, Harry, no, no. No need to say anything else, really. I'm fine, seriously, don't worry.”

“No, Louis, but ...“

"Harry ... don't say anything."

Harry kept silent about what he was thinking about all that time they made love, because they both made love, and he didn't know it was going to be the last time, not until now.

He hated himself for being a coward who didn't even face his own feelings. Then he took courage. “Louis, I need to tell-I need that -"

“Harry, don't screw up again, okay?”

Harry closed his mouth, pressing his lips tightly. And yes, Louis was probably right, as always, because he was the mind, the one who thought of the two of them. If he say something it was to shit everything, because he was an expert in that, for something with Liam they were like soul mates, the two are equally stupid who did not know how to value what they had until they lost it.

At that moment he realised that he lost Louis, he lost him as a friend two years ago and now he lost him like everything and forever.

He jerks out of bed in a sudden movement, lifting his clothes off the floor to put them on quickly. Louis almost asked him to stay, but then he recorded that Liam was at home, and even if he wasn't, it would be worse if they slept together.

This was the last time, the last of all because they couldn't be friends again, or whatever they were. It was a farewell.

Harry was finishing putting on the slippers, and stood up to leave the room without even turning to see him. Louis jumped out of bed and ran to hug him from behind.

He wanted to cry, shit, he wanted to cry so much, but he wasn't going to do it in front of him. He turned around and hugged him tight, almost digging his nails into his back. His nose was pressed to Louis’ neck, smelling his scent, their sweat. His favourite scent in the world.

They broke the hug slowly, and Harry approached, surprising him with a soft and fleeting kiss on the lips. It was so short that Louis didn't even have a chance to reciprocate.

Harry left.

Louis lay back on his bed, and there he cried a little when he remembered. Harry was being a coward right now, was acting the same way he acted the next morning when they had their first time.

[...]

When he opened his eyes the next morning the first thing he realised was the fact that he was alone in Harry’s bed. For a moment he was confused, because he couldn't remember why he was there. He didn't know if it was true or not, he thought he had dreamed it, until the memories began to come back to his mind. Intermittent images running through his thoughts like a movie from his first time. Their bodies colliding and then he remembered falling asleep next to him.

He shook his head a little, sat on the bed, leaning on the back. He was naked under Harry’s duvet after having sex with him all night. He couldn't call it making love, he scolded himself, although that had been it for him.