Chapter 14

Liam drank everything within his reach. Harry was the one who held his head when Liam vomited in his bathroom. He helped him lie down on his bed and he settled a mattress next to him on the floor.

Lying down, trying to fall asleep, he remembered those times when they took care of each other when they went out and got drunk together. They did everything together, Liam was his brother, his other half.

Thinking of his friendship with Liam, it was impossible for him not to relate him to Louis. The three of them were always very close, but the connection with Louis was different from the first moment.

Louis was his friend for life, and he only knew Liam 6 years ago. With Louis they shared even kindergarten and were neighbors forever, but never had a connection like that. It was different, now that he analysed it, it was always different.

He watched Liam with Zayn but it wasn't jealousy like he felt when he saw Louis with a girl, or when someone other than him had his attention.

Then he remembered how they came to plan that pact. It was right there in his room one afternoon two years ago.

[...]

It was a perfect afternoon for Louis, who hated leaving the house, but he felt like his own room. Of all his favourite things, one of them was being with Harry, doing practically nothing.

He would never admit it, although he was pretty sure Liam knew of his feelings for Harry. He couldn't say it out loud, he would never say it because he knew he would be rejected. The curtains were open and the sun was shining directly on them. Harry had his head resting on Louis’ legs, they had been playing video games and now they were doing nothing, while they were lying on the floor.

“The sun bothers me." Harry complained. He was falling asleep while Louis was reading one of his very entertaining comics.

Louis gently raised his head, stood up and closed the curtains. "Done." He sat back in his place and patted his thighs to get Harry back to that position.

With a shake of his head, Harry denied, rubbing his eyes with his knuckles, and dragged his feet to the bed. "Can I get some sleep while you read? It doesn’t bother you?”

Louis laughed because Harry was a very groundhog and fell asleep anywhere. "I'm going home, H”

"No, no, stay."

Louis nodded as he sat down on the desk chair. He watched him sleep for eternal minutes, he smiled at nothing while in his mind he imagined thousands of things. Harry was always beautiful, but sleeping even more.

He had been reading quietly for several minutes. He thought Harry was asleep, but it wasn't. "Lie down next to me if you want, Lou. I make room for you.”

Louis swallowed hard, watched him the whole time, Harry had his eyes closed. "I-I'm fine here."

Harry opened one eye, raising his head. He frowned in his direction. "Doesn't the sun bothers you?”

Louis shrugged, shrugging it off.

“Come here, then," Harry demanded.