Chapter 8-Ayanokouji's Blunder

Third Person POV

It was time. Kamuro, ibuki and Horikita had taken their respective positions. One could obviously sense the tension between two of them. Ibuki and Horikita were practically glaring daggers at each other. Horikita and ibuki had met earlier during the uninhabited island test and Horikita had lost the card because of her. In one way this could be considered as a defeat for Horikita. So, this was a chance to defeat ibuki and have revenge. For Ibuki it was a different thing.

If Ibuki were to be honest, she was not sure what exactly were her feelings about Ayanokouji. Being as new as Ayanokouji in the subject of love didn't help her cause. But she did feel a certain level of pull towards Ayanokouji and she didn't deny it. She had refrained from attaching herself with any boy due to her hatred for father. She came into this school only to leave away from her father. Her father wasn't hard on her like before after his wife died but still didn't have the courage to acknowledge ibuki. He was as ibuki called him, a spineless coward. Ayanokouji was one of the few boys whom she held respect for.

The real reason ibuki wanted to win this race was because she was jealous of Horikita Suzune. She wanted Ayanokouji to see that she was better than Horikita. The world may call Ibuki's reason stupid.

But Ibuki didn't give a damn about how the world thought of her. Because she had been betrayed by the people who were the world for her, she had lost the ability to care about some billion strangers.

Kamuro was in conflict with her feelings. She had earlier thought that she was in love with Ayanokouji but she thought again about it. Was this really love. Or was she just looking for someone to rely on? She sighed. She had only one task to do in this school. Love will only hold her back. She was going to try her best to surpass Ayanokouji or at least stand at equal terms with him.

The three girls took their lanes and adjusted their posture. Three other people were in the race. One being Nishikawa from class A.

Mashima sensei brought the Automated clap closer to the megaphone.

Clap!

With that the three girls sprinted as if there was a devil on their tail. The other three girls didn't even bother to run and let Ibuki, Horikita and Kamuro compete.

Ibuki was leading Horikita by a little distance... Kamuro was just a toe length ahead of Ibuki

Ayanokouji was watching the race but unconsciously his attention went over to Kamuro. More precisely her chest. It was hard not to notice as while running it was quite evident that it was quite huge. Her chests were more developed than the other two flat chested beauties. It wasn't just Ayanokouji, all the boys watching the race had their eyes on kamuro's chest. Ayanokouji began comparing it with another girl in his class Hasebe Haruka.

In all this thinking he forgot about the race. He was snapped from his dazed state when ibuki pinched him. Besides her was Horikita.

That's when Ayanokouji realized, that he had messed up very badly. He didn't even know who had won the race. His thoughts were occupied with kamuro's breasts the whole time.

"Oi pervert did you see the race?" Ibuki asked him while she had her arms closed. It was ironic how ibuki had called him a pervert. Ayanokouji wondered whether she was a psychic to read his inner thoughts.

Horikita just looked at him with her eyes slightly narrowed in suspicion.

"Ur yeah it was quite good, I guess. You all were very close." Ayanokouji said, trying to get out of the blunder he had made.