Chapter 4-Special Exam-Part 2

Mashima Sensei stood in front of us.Everyone was looking at him.I was back in the row where D class was standing.Matsushita looked in deep thought.She might be thinking about my words.

But I need to keep an eye on her.If she decides to threaten my secrets than it may cause me problems.Horikita mustn't know about my secrets.It would be troublesome for me.

Mashima Sensei looked at all the classes standing with anticipation.

He took a megaphone and started speaking,"Starting today all the First years will be taking a special Exam."

Gasps of surprise could be heard all over the place.No one had anticipated such events.

Ike was bickering about how it was unfair to the students and the school was cheating on them by saying they were supposed to be on a vacation.

But he was insulted ruthlessly by Chabashira Sensei which made him quiet down in a moment.

Sensei continued,"When this special test period is over, each class' remaining points will be added to their total class points.Your point totals will reflect this change once summer vacation is over."

As he spoke, a gust of wind blew across the beach and kicked up a cloud of dust.

He basically meant that Class D had a chance of gaining some solid points to reduce the distance between Class C and them.

"So if we can endure this for one week, then starting next month we could see a huge increase in our allowance?!" Ike asked.That's right...This wasn't a competition to test our scholarly abilities,but our endurance.If we managed to curb our basic desires, we might get closer to being the top class."Each class will receive one copy of the manual. If the manual is lost,you may have another copy.However, it will consume points,so please be very careful. Also,the student who was marked absent from this trip was from Class A.According to the rules of this special test, should any student have to leave due to illness, there will be a thirty-point penalty to the class as a whole.Therefore, Class A will be starting with 270 points."

Class A students started talking among themselves not happy with the current events.

But kamuro on the other hand looked completely calm.Its as if she knew of this exam.Had someone told her?I had heard sakayanagi is in battle with katsuragi to assert leadership over Class A.But kamuro was sakayanagi's follower.How did sakayanagi knew about this exam.It surely is confusing.The most possible reason must be that she was informed by someone from the staff.It puts the teachers at the most suspicioun.

I sighed,perhaps I'm reading too much into the situation.Mashima Sensei continued the explanation.

“I will now hand out wristwatches to every one of you.You are not to take them off until the end of the test. If you remove your wristwatch without permission,you will be punished.This watch doesn’t just tell time.Its sensors also check your body temperature,your pulse,and even your equipped with a GPS.Also,in the off chance something bad does happen, this watch comes equipped with the means to notify the school.If you find yourself in an emergency situation, please do not hesitate to push that button.”

So basically the watches were to look after the students.The chances of a violent fight breaking out is low.But the chance is still their.

We could prepare for anything with our points.Apparently anyone could request something,and just report to their homeroom teacher in order to use points to purchase it.

“Chabashira-sensei,can I ask you something?In the event that someone were to retire after we had already used all 300 points,what would happen?”asked Matsushita,her hand raised.