Chapter 2 - A New Challenge

The cake was very sweet, but the sickly-sweet smile in front of me was dangerous. It has been three minutes since I'm sitting on the table and since then, she has been smiling like crazy. I kinda regret arranging a meeting with her now.

"So Ayanokouji Kun, you wanted to talk to me?" She asked me.

"Yeah sorry for taking your time." I replied while taking another bite of my cake.

She chuckled, "It is my honor actually, never did I think that I would be standing in front of your father's greatest product."

I sighed, and turned towards her. I asked, "I want you to tell me about Kamuro."

She gave an Oh look and chuckled, "Could it be you have a little high school crush on her Ayanokouji Kun."

Why is everyone so interested about my love life?

I shrugged and said, "It would be preferable if you got to the point. So, are you going to tell me or not?"

She sighed and leaned under the support of her cane, "Truth be told I don't know much about Kamuro San. But I have an idea what you want."

I looked at her and she stared right back.

"It's about her sister isn't it?" She asked me. I just nodded in response.

She closed her eyes for a moment then stared back at me with seriousness.

"Do you know about fire which happened four years back?"

I did hear about those. Those were one of the darkest moments for the entire country. A whole hotel was set on fire by a man. Nearly 34 people were killed that day. The man never was punished because he was thought to be mentally unstable. So, then she was...

"Yeah, she was one of those victims." She said, her eyes showing her sadness.

"I never thought someone could be this sick." I said to her.

Killing innocent people for fun is just insane. A monster like me understands that then why can't humans like him understand.

She just chuckled sadly, "Well it's no use thinking of it now. This is the past and we need to accept it."

I nodded. I didn't feel like eating the cake anymore. At least wherever her sister might be, she must be seeing Kamuro huh?

Heaven and hell, what an interesting concept. Yet to be understood by humans. Simple because there is no human alive who can uncover the truth about them.

"Sorry but I don't know anything more about her? She pretty much keeps to herself. I don't think she has talked with anyone in the Class A apart from me."

With that we ended our little chat and parted ways. I relished an ice cream before heading back to the dorms.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Time Skip

A new day in the school with a new announcement. But unlike previous time, this wasn't a special exam. It was time for the upcoming term examinations.

But this exam everyone in the class looks tense. Well because expulsions would be kept as penalty. Chabashira sensei shares a brief look with me, then turns to the whole class and starts explaining the procedure of the exams.

According to teacher, tests would be taken before exam and is supposed to be as easy as middle school. But, the tests aren't completely useless, as it helps determine the pairs for the final exam of the semester. There will be tests on 8 subjects with 50 questions per test.