Special Chapter - The Face of An Angel

Ibuki POV

I walked in the courtyard towards the tree. The tree where most of my memories were attached. The tree where I understood the meaning of love. It seems I had just woken up from my sleep. My father must have gone to dojo so I had all the time for myself. I could spend my time with her and look over the flowers.

As I entered the courtyard I saw the tree. And there she was sitting on a swing attached to the tree looking at the sun with a beautiful rose in her hand. Her lap was quite tempting, able to comfort me at my hardest moments. I slowly started to make my way towards her wanting to be in her embrace.

How I wanted to hear her beautiful voice, to tell me again and again, how beautiful the world was.

I finally reached her.

She looked back and smiled when she saw me. Her eyes held tenderness. It was as if she was the most precious thing for me. So delicate yet so beautiful. How she would compliment my long hair which I had inherited from her.

She moved her hand which held the beautiful rose towards me. I smiled and took the rose in my hand.

I didnt need anything more; she was there for me every time.

But

The rose started wilting at a fast rate.

I was shocked and turned towards my Mother to ask her whats the matter with the rose I gave her.

But there was no one on the swing. I called out from my mother, where might she be hiding at this moment? Today is her birthday so she should be happy right? I even made her cake. Of course, I had to hide from my father to make it. But it was beautiful. It was her favorite flavor, A strawberry one. Thank god my friend had taught and helped me in baking. I might have ended up destroying the whole kitchen then father would have gotten another reason to yell at me.

I made my way towards the house. Where could she be? Could she be in her room? I opened the door but was instead met by silence.

I sighed; mother was very good in hiding. But I knew her favorite place, my room. She even knew where I hid the manga stack from my father. She knew everything about me. So, I rushed to find her. I sighed when I came in front of a room.

And opened the door.

The rose in my hand has wilted completely by now. So, was she? I looked at the woman who just few minutes ago was the definition of beauty.

Now I saw as everyone surrounded her sleeping form. Why was she sleeping, it was her birthday! Many people were surrounding her.

I rushed and started to wake her. Mom sleep after you eat your cake. Rest of the people in the room just looked down. Even my father, who I had never seen cry had tear stains on his eyes.

I continued trying to wake her up, but she wasnt waking. I kept trying, until I felt someone embrace me. It was my father. Why was he embracing me, didnt he hate me?

Then he whispered in my ear, She is not going to wake up Mio, Im sorry.

Finally, all things came back. I remembered everything. My mothers funeral, the news that said she had committed suicide.

I didnt realize that I had tears in my eyes. She betrayed me. She had promised to stay by my side, yet she gave up.

The tears werent stopping and I didnt want them to stop. I wanted to cry myself to sleep because I know the next morning she will come back to me.

Classroom Of The Elite : The Cold EyesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara