Chapter 3 - Beneath the Sunset

The chirping of birds woke me from the slumber I was in. It was another weekend, and three days since I met Sakayanagi. Yesterday our opponents were announced. And it seems Class A were facing off against us. The entire class was tense. It seems Horikita would be facing Sakayanagi. Even if I wanted to help class D I was helpless, as the exam is going to be based on the collective performance of the whole class. The most I can do is to keep kushida in check.

My focus currently is Kamuro. There is a kind of connection between why she was put in Class A. Something is clearly suspicious. Because if I'm to be honest, she is much more defective than Horikita and Kushida.

I changed my clothes into casual ones and made my way out. I was supposed to meet with matsushita and hiyori today. I entered the elevator only to find a pair of gradient red eyes staring at me.

"Fancy meeting you here Ayanokouji Kun" she said while glancing up from her phone.

"I should say the same about you Horikita."

She sighed and put away her phone to focus her complete attention on me.

"Can't argue with that" She replied.

"So where are you headed to" I asked her while leaning on the elevator wall.

"Would it inconvenience you if I don't want to share where I am headed to?" she asked me in her usual tone.

"No, not at all. Why should I care where you go" I said sighing?

She twitched her right eye and gave a fake smile, "You are surprisingly quite blunt Ayanokouji Kun. That was a rude thing to say to a friend."

"How can one be a friend if he can't even tell where he is headed to?" I asked her.

"Ayanokouji Kun, that's a rather stupid argument. But for the sake of my pride, I'll tell you. I'm headed to the convenience store."

"I see, I too am headed to the library" I said while crossing my arms.

"It seems you really have some kind of attraction to matsushita san" she asked in a curious tone.

"That's not it, its just that I feel bad for her" I said.

"Since when did you start feeling bad for others Ayanokouji Kun" Horikita asked while sending a stern gaze at me.

I just shrugged and said, "Might be after seeing you try so hard to reach class A. It honestly brought tears to my eyes."

I could see a irk mark appearing on her forehead, "Are you perhaps mocking my goal Ayanokouji Kun?"

I quickly denied the accusation thrown at me "No Horikita, I'm quite proud of your struggle to reach the top."

Before she could say anything more, the door of the elevator opened. She sighed, "Killing you has to wait till next time we meet Ayanokouji Kun."

I too said my goodbye and made my way towards the library. As I reached there I saw hiyori and matsushita sitting on a table. But there was one more person with them.

I sighed and made my way towards them. I saw matsushita nervously smiling while looking at the fourth person. The fourth person was just staring at me with a glare. I sat down beside matsushita and turned towards hiyori. She was just smiling.

Too sweet.

I shook my head inwardly and looked at the fourth person who was sitting there,

"So, you too like to read books ibuki?"

She just tched, "Tch I don't hate them."

"Then why are you here? Did you want to join our group?" Matsushita asked.