Chapter 6-The Midterms

I was on my way to school.I stepped in the elevator where I saw Kushida with 2 other girls.The girl with pink hair was familiar.I had seen her when I went to meet Chabashira sensei.

When they noticed me Kushida greeted me and I waved at her in acknowledgement.

"Hey ayanakoji-kun,why do you keep this hairstyle."

Umm,why indeed.

"Well I kind of prefer it like this."

Then the pink haired girl spoke to Kushida,"Kushida-san,is he in your class."

Were they talking about me?

"Oh yes,his name is kiyotaka Ayanakoji,he is the most mature person in our class."

Huh

"What led you to this conclusion."I asked.

"Well you are always calm.Even when sensei announced,there was no change in your face.Calm as ever."

Huh was she looking at me at that time?

"Well I just accept things more easily than others."

"That's what you called maturity, Ayanakoji kun"The pink haired girl said.

"I guess"

"But how come you are so mature ayanakoji-kun.I mean you are of our age too, aren't you."

"I am."

"Then how come you are so calm."

"I don't know myself."

I replied closing that issue.

"It's impressive.By the way I'm ichinose honami,I'm from Class B.Nice to meet you Ayanakoji kun."

Well it seems she heard my name when Kushida addressed me earlier.

"Yes nice to meet you ichinose."

Well I don't use honorific on anyone except teachers so I didnt care of using it on her.The thing is I don't care what they call me so why should I care.Its not that I don't respect them but since my birth I have never minded to use honorifics.Ichinose didn't mind it too.

Well sometimes I use but that's just when I'm not paying much attention in the conversation.

We exited the elevator and started walking towards school.

Then I wondered the question which Kushida asked me

"How come you are so calm and composed"

I lied earlier but I knew the truth won't do any good to them.And I don't care if they tell me that I dont trust them.But something's are better to kept hidden.

Timeskip

Chabashira sensei entered the classroom.She walked towards the podium and began writing on the board.

Midterm Exams

She started speaking,"5 days from now a test will be held which will be a good revision for your midterm exams.Try your best in the midterms,as to survive in this school you have to work hard."

A word catched my attention.'Survive'?

Why did sensei said survive.Can it be just normal and I'm overthinking it.It seems my partner also had similar thoughts as she was also in a thoughtful expression.After that day I haven't talked to her even for a moment.Well ain't that awkward.I had no problem in talking with her.But I didn't want her to think that I would work with her.And looking at her personality I didn't expect her to talk to me first.So we were like bunch of kids fighting.