Epilogue

I looked at the contact I had acquired from Sakayanagi a few days back. She wanted a battle with me which I would gladly give her. I don't care if I lose anyways.

I called the person who had answers to every mystery surrounding Kamuro.

"Hello Arisu, fancy getting a call from you."

It seems he thought he is in conversation with his daughter.

"Hello Sakayanagi san."

There was silence on the other line for some time before he finally spoke.

"Ayanokouji? How did you get this contact?" He asked, nervousness could be deduced from his voice.

"Your daughter gave it to me." I answered calmly.

"I see, but calling the school staff is against the school rules you know?" He said still nervous.

"I fail to see how those rules do not apply to your daughter. Or are you perhaps biased towards her, because her admittance to Class A tells me otherwise."

"Her admittance was.. not because of I was the manager."

"That still doesn't explain why she has your contact, when it is clearly mentioned that contact from outer world is prohibited. Or is it some privileges she has been awarded for being the Chairperson's daughter?" I spoke calmly, not exaggerating anything. Just stating plain facts would be enough to him. Sakayanagi had predicted my methods so she didn't complain while giving me her father's contact.

"What do you want?" He finally asked me, his tone relaxed indicating he had gave in.

"I only want to know about her."

I heard him sigh from the other side, "By her you mean Masumi Kamuro don't you?"

I didn't answer, waiting for him to reply.

"I wonder why are you even interested in her in the first place. But regardless I can't give you any personal information about her even if you threaten me."

I simply answered, "And I'm not asking for it, I'm just asking you why was she put in Class A."

I heard him chuckle, "Why, do you think she doesn't deserve to be in Class A. That we were wrong in evaluating the students?"

"No... it is unlikely for this school to make such mistakes. From what I've seen of Kamuro in this school for 9 months, she doesn't qualify for Class A at all. Her worth is that of a Class D student to be honest."

"Those words are quite harsh you know, where did you even get this idea?"

I closed my eyes, remembering all the past events. I opened them and started speaking,

"Her behavioral patterns suggest that she has suffered from extreme mental anxiety. She is used to staying alone, which further suggests that she had intentionally blocked everyone from her life. And... she still wants to help me."

At this he chuckled, "Ayanokouji Kun, I don't really know what is going on between you two and I won't even interfere in between you two. But you need to understand, if you really want to remain in this school. You need allies."

I sighed, allies. Didn't I have many of them last time I checked.

"Ayanokouji, do you really want to know the truth?"

I didn't answer for a minute. Did I really want this? But I couldn't find an answer to it. So, I decided to...

"Yeah"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________