Special Chapter - Someone He Can Trust

I made my way, to the place where I realized my feelings for him. The only difference this time, was that we were no longer friends.

He stood there leaning against the wall. He was looking at me, I stared back. Still, I couldn't read his face. The same emotionless look plastered on his face.

It was no longer boring; it was just terrifying. I don't know what else was that plain face hiding. What more dark secrets were hidden behind the mask he wore on his face.

"Ayanokouji Kun.." I called him in a low voice. I just couldn't raise my voice; I was too scared just at the thought of him now.

He looked at me with those golden eyes, devoid of any emotions. I could feel myself sinking in a deep abyss of his mind.

"Kamuro" he called out to me, unaffected by the fact that I was shivering while looking at him.

"You... you betrayed me?" I asked him, with a faint hope. That what I was thinking was not true. It was just another lie my mind has made to cope up with her death.

He just kept quiet and made his way towards me. I instinctively stepped back, making him halt.

He looked at me, "Say Kamuro, why did you step back from me now? Are you perhaps scared of me?"

I didn't know if he was mocking me but, his voice sounded very genuine.

"Why wouldn't I be scared of you.. you are responsible for that person's death." I said remembering the conversation I had eavesdropped.

He just sighed and leaned against the wall, "I heard about your sister."

At this my heart started beating faster. Was this the response of my nervous system? I don't know, but still a single mention of her made my body numb. I had moved on from her but still, my heart was clutching at her mention.

He looked at me and said, "Give me one compelling reason your sister deserved to die."

At this my eyes widened; anger consumed me.

"What do you mean by that, I couldn't have done anything. I don't even know how she died. I was going to celebrate my birthday and I was waiting for her to come home but she never returned. She didn't deserve it."

At this point no tears were left in my eyes. Only pain was visible in them.

The pain of being betrayed by my parents. The pain of being betrayed by Ayanokouji Kun. The pain of being betrayed by my own mind.

I didn't know anymore; I just wanted this pain to end.

"Kamuro, have you ever felt regret that you were born in this world?"

I turned towards him; he was just staring at me. I didn't answer him and looked at him, he moved closer to me.

"I have felt regret only once in my life, when I wasn't able to see the person who cared for me again."

As I heard those words from him, an unknown feeling rose in my heart. I was feeling pity at him for some reason.

He was no longer looking at me and turned away.

"You know Kamuro, you keep saying that I was the reason that I killed Matsuo. I was responsible for his death?"

Kamuro flinched at hearing those words. It was as if she was imagining his death, being burned alive. She shook her head and looked back at Ayanokouji who was now looking at the sky.

"Since birth I have been raised as if I am a devil." He said still looking at the sky.

He looked at me and said, "Kamuro even the kindest and purest of hearts can't stop someone's death, what right do I have to stop someone from their fate as a devil?"